• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

badlemon

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I’ll try to make it short because we’re off-topic, but thanks for your comments!

@Karlok: no problem. At the beginning I was wondering if you had doubts about the amount of money I make when I gave details earlier to TimovieMan and was saying that my sales are not going well. But when replying I understood that you were simply asking out of curiosity, and anyway I didn’t take it bad. My answer was not directed to you but to players in general who could be mistaken because of the stats on sites like Steamspy. So in the end I took it as an opportunity to make my situation clear, even if it was difficult for me to expose my life and revenue like this. I hope it can help other small devs in the future too. Please don’t delete your post as my answer wouldn’t make sense anymore, it is better to keep the original context.

@giom: yeah it is sad when a good game doesn’t work and makes it complicated for the team behind. At least we (devs) are well aware that most of you on adventure sites/forums represent a community of passionate people who always try to support us in a way or another, and for that we are really thankful! We also know that there are too many games and you can’t buy them all, and even if you could, you wouldnt’ have the time to play them all. So the only way I see is to continue to support the games you like, and try to talk about them on social networks and forums as often as you can, in order to spread the word. Writing reviews on Steam/GOG is helpful, wishlisting games can also give them so exposure because of the algorithms on the selling platforms… Anyway thanks!

Wow I have almost the feeling that I am participating to a CPT before I do!
Laughing

Total Posts: 4247

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (5) - Karlok, TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter, Intense Degree

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (4) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom, Chrissie

Boïnihi: The K’i Codex (3) - Luhr28, TimovieMan, Giom
Heavy Rain (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter
L.A. Noire (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter
Loom (3) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Pegbiter
Shivers 2 (3) - RTRooney, TimovieMan, SoccerDude

Sorry, Santa.  There were just too many options.

Total Posts: 2885

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Put me in for There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension, The Journey Down, Boïnihi, L.A. Noir and Loom.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (6) - Karlok, TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter, Intense Degree, Sefir

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom, Chrissie, Sefir

Boïnihi: The K’i Codex (4) - Luhr28, TimovieMan, Giom, Sefir
L.A. Noire (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter, Sefir
Loom (4) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast, Sefir

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Pegbiter

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

By the way, I forgot to mention that voting will end on Friday, November 13.

Total Posts: 4150

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My problem is that I’ve been following a discussion of There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and I can’t decide if I even like the concept. I’ve also not played
The Journey Down so I can’t commit there.

I hate to say it, but I really didn’t like ASA. So I really can’t vote for Boïnihi: The K’i Codex

L.A. Noire is also a game that has mixed reviews. So I must take a pass there. Loom is also a game I’m not familiar with.

Heavy Rain is a game that is beyond my computer’s capabilities. So that’s a no go.

I have no interest in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

And since I finally got Lighthouse, I thing any push for
Shivers 2 would be a real stretch.

Don’t know where to cast a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 7950

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 06 November 2020 11:14 PM

My problem is that I’ve been following a discussion of There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and I can’t decide if I even like the concept.

You could try the freeware game? It’ll only take you about 15 minutes to play and would give you an idea of what’s to come in the full game?

I’ve also not played
The Journey Down so I can’t commit there.

Playing a game for the first time in a CPT had lead to me discovering several great games that I might otherwise never have played. Why do you feel like you need to have played the game to participate?

I have no interest in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

You’d also need a Nintendo 3DS to play it… Innocent

And since I finally got Lighthouse, I thing any push for
Shivers 2 would be a real stretch.

Why not? A vote is just a vote. If you don’t vote for it, it definitely can’t win… Tongue

Last played: There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (CPT) - 4/5 | There Is No Game (replay) - 4/5 | Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (replay) - 3/5 | Lighthouse: The Dark Being (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Anna’s Quest (CPT) - 4.5/5 | Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe - 4/5 | Florence - 4/5 | Alice Trapped in Wonderland - 1/5 | The Hunt for the Lost Ship - 1.5/5 | The Talos Principle - 4/5 | Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - 3/5 | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 3/5 | Simon the Sorcerer (replay) - 4/5 | Portal 2 - 4/5 | Murder By Numbers - 3.5/5 | Heavy Rain - 3.5/5 | Disco Elysium - 4.5/5 | Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse - 3/5 | Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds - 3/5 | Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5

Total Posts: 1501

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Although I have no intention of voting nor joining in I thought it polite to pass on that GoG currently have The Journey Down trilogy on sale for £2.99 (your currency will vary Laughing ):

The Journey Down at GoG

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5755

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I offer to be the leader if There Is No Game wins because it looks like I’m the only one who has played the game. It will be minimal leadership, just scheduling etc.

TimovieMan - 07 November 2020 03:57 AM

My problem is that I’ve been following a discussion of There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and I can’t decide if I even like the concept.

You could try the freeware game? It’ll only take you about 15 minutes to play and would give you an idea of what’s to come in the full game?

What TimovieMan said!

PS: You played the Obra Dinn and liked it. Smile

Ceci n’est pas un jeu!

Total Posts: 2396

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

have no interest in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
You’d also need a Nintendo 3DS to play it… Innocent

This is completely untrue. You can also play it on IOS and Android as well. I am currently playing it on my ipad Mini 5.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Total Posts: 929

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I disappointed myself by not being able to keep up with the Lighthouse playthrough, which I’d intended to do.

So I’m not going to vote, though I may join in later, depending on the game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (6) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter, Intense Degree, Sefir

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom, Chrissie, Sefir

Boïnihi: The K’i Codex (4) - Luhr28, TimovieMan, Giom, Sefir
L.A. Noire (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter, Sefir
Loom (4) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast, Sefir

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 07 November 2020 07:41 AM
TimovieMan - 07 November 2020 03:57 AM

What TimovieMan said!

PS: You played the Obra Dinn and liked it. Smile

I did. However my reason for not liking the premise of Obra Din is quite different than my premise for this game. But, you’re right! I have not played the demo. I’ll google it since it’s neither posted on this thread, nor, strangely on the thread devoted to the game, found a few Thread Posts below this one.

Hope I like it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Total Posts: 5755

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can find the demo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241700/There_Is_No_Game__Jam_Edition_2015/

Ceci n’est pas un jeu!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Will give it a try. Thanks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!