• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full 3D AGs

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am really having the time of life, after finishing Syberia3 i started Beyond A Steel Sky, i don’t ever remember having the option of playing two 3D adventures in a row before, but seriously i had to stop and think how many full 3D adventure games are there or ever been made and does Deck13 AGs or Gabriel Knigt3 however outdated they are could be falling into this category as well, and at last what is your fav full 3D adventure?

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

It’s a difficult choice for me between Quern and XING. I can’t decide.

Edit: I only read the “3rd person” part after posting. Most of the 3rd person 3D adventure games I’ve played have been terrible.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Deck13 games are 2.5D.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Some 3D adventure games can be quite good. My favorite right now is Blacksad: Under the Skin.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Recently, Roki was fantastic and I absolutely love the first Life Is Strange. I also think Dreamfall Chapters is massively under rated.

Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse is another one I’ve played recently that’s fantastic.

I also agree with Mikekelly that Blacksad: Under The Skin is really good. It was unfortunately a bug fest at launch but Pendulo has since patched it up a lot, so it’s much easier to get into now.

Edit: Heaven’s Vault was another really good one I played somewhat recently.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Mikekelly - 10 August 2020 07:57 AM

Some 3D adventure games can be quite good. My favorite right now is Blacksad: Under the Skin.

Heart

I saw this game at the shops in like a collector’s edition but I couldn’t decide if it looked fun or not so I passed on it.

I might have to go back and check it out.

Does King’s Quest (2015) count as full 3d?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

cyfoyjvx - 09 August 2020 10:23 PM

It’s a difficult choice for me between Quern and XING. I can’t decide.

Edit: I only read the “3rd person” part after posting. Most of the 3rd person 3D adventure games I’ve played have been terrible.

yeah, ve deleted it after reading your post, thought it is not fair to start a thread with a bias.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

There are not many that come to mind. The Witness, Quern, ABZU, Soma, Eastshade. I can’t pick a favorite. Gone Home made me cry, and Obra Dinn made me think even though neither qualify as the best thing ever. I’m sure I’m missing a few, but it doesn’t matter.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Celebreon - 10 August 2020 10:14 AM

Does King’s Quest (2015) count as full 3d?

It might, but depends really what the “3D” standards are - we still have “invisible walls” in King’s Quest, and predetermined walk area - big “no no” if you wanna call it “Full 3D”.

80 Days is one of the “fullest” 3D adventures out there. And of course, Dreamfall and Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Even earlier examples boils down to Normality.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top