• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #60 - The Silent Age

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

good call, it is nice to remind me that ppl like you and me, we still exist Doom.

but however, it has become a trade here at these forums, devs have more promoting threads than actual fans and members, i might not blame The_Research_Age tho as he is new to these forums, and it seems obvious what devs do here at the time, they just come here for promoting there games and nothing else.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 July 2020 03:24 PM

Millenia,
There was some paperwork by the scientists which explained that the virus may have been affected by time travel.  I assumed that Joe went so far ahead in time that there was a mutation of the avian flu that made it more deadly.

Do you remember if this was in more detail? Like what was the time it would have been picked up and where it would have mutated? Gathering from the doctor’s speeches I thought the dead world was encountered first in the very far future (where Frank and Joe went in the end) but did the travelers pick up the virus from there, and did they spread it to earlier times before the spread in the 70s? Was one travel back to the “present” enough to mutate avian flu like that? If so, they really should have stopped the travels right there. I also found it weird that the regular 2012 concoction would cure a virus that was mutated so much. But of course it’s not impossible.

Anyway, we don’t know if it was Joe who originally spread the virus in the 70s. Since there is a loop, we’ve already lost the original timeline. Why wouldn’t Joe have entered the cryostasis the first time? Was the virus even rampant in the future where Joe and Frank went or was that just the point where the world was already dead, and who knows for how long?

And there is the weirdness in the end.

Doom - 05 July 2020 02:56 PM

This also bothered me, the explanation felt just too simple and uneven. And I couldn’t get rid of the feeling that the whole ward ending was staged specially for Joe and he was never told the truth.

It was very suspicious that Joe was allowed to just walk away because he “seemed to be okay” in a few minutes conversation. The other two guys were total messes, surely there would have been some psych evaluation for Joe? He got a handler of sorts sure, but leaving immediately?

The whole the end dotdotdot can implicate several things though. There can be a conspiracy. There is always a possibility that time travel is invented again and they need another janitor to save the world. Or the virus (maybe even several of them) probably exist somewhere in the future already from the earlier travelers. There’s of course always hope for cure if viruses are no longer brought back in time and the techonology will be advanced enough to counter them.

And a bonus question. What was up with the tin foil hat? I never saw it again in the elevator at the end. Was it even possible to enter elevator after the blood trails?.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

millenia - 05 July 2020 04:45 PM

Do you remember if this was in more detail? Like what was the time it would have been picked up and where it would have mutated? Gathering from the doctor’s speeches I thought the dead world was encountered first in the very far future (where Frank and Joe went in the end) but did the travelers pick up the virus from there, and did they spread it to earlier times before the spread in the 70s? Was one travel back to the “present” enough to mutate avian flu like that? If so, they really should have stopped the travels right there. I also found it weird that the regular 2012 concoction would cure a virus that was mutated so much. But of course it’s not impossible.

I got the impression that Acheron had some evidence that viruses mutated during time travel, but they hid the information.  They seemed to have discovered the problem as a result of their earlier forays in time, but because they hadn’t gone as far as Frank had and returned, the changes might have been relatively slight.  I was thinking that Frank and Joe may have had some form of the flu when they left for the future

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I hope everyone has enjoyed this CPT. Let’s unhook this CPT. If you are still playing, please do so and continue posting.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2020-06-12

PM

Doom - 05 July 2020 02:56 PM

The_Research_Age, with all due respect, maybe you have something to say about the actual game or other people’s thoughts on it? Because right now it looks like you used this playthrough thread exclusively to promote your fan game.

Hi Doom, maybe I’ve been misunderstood. I didn’t enter this CPT, for my game I created a separate topic, but I was specifically invited to enter here by the author Mikekelly.
When he invited me, I didn’t even know what CPT meant, here in Italy I never heard this acronym.
I expressly said that I am very busy with my project and in any case I love to play The Silent Age every year, in November (because it’s Autumn).
Having a vast knowledge of The Silent Age and knowing who created it, I thought I could be useful.

I released an unpublished making of The Silent Age that no one had ever seen, now I add a Unity game engine screen.

And I add three curious things:
- The game’s original name was FUTURE
- In the ARCHON hallway, he identifies it as a common Rhododendron. The plant is entirely fictional however, and looks nothing like the Rhododendron.

- An extra chapter was planned, but then cancelled. It was called “What happened to Mark?”

I apologize very much with Doom and Advie if I annoyed you. I’m so sorry!  Embarassed

Image Attachments

UNITY.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its not about you at all, i just wish devs would share there love here, first and foremost we all share that, you wouldn’t be doing what you are doing… good luck anyway, and happy to see ye here, and sticking around!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The_Research_Age - 07 July 2020 02:15 AM

Hi Doom, maybe I’ve been misunderstood. I didn’t enter this CPT, for my game I created a separate topic, but I was specifically invited to enter here by the author Mikekelly.
When he invited me, I didn’t even know what CPT meant, here in Italy I never heard this acronym.

I guess we just expected to discuss and explore the game with you since you obviously know it by heart. Many people discover games through CPTs - I haven’t even heard of The Silent Age before. If you look up the thread on the past Adventure Game Community Playthroughs you’ll see that other developers joined them from time to time to give comments and tips on their games, share their stories, inspirations, etc., just to make a small talk. I didn’t participate in those CPTs btw, but still find it curious to read them from time to time. It’s not the same as watching a technical presentation made for fellow-developers. But you don’t have to spend your time on all of this, of course, there is nothing to apologize for. I just thought it’s not the right place to promote your game, especially since there’s already a thread for it.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually found some interesting information about the game from The Research Scientist’s posts which included some interesting making of videos. So I am glad I invited him. Yes, he did plug his game, but it’s so similar to The Silent Age that it should interest fans of that game.

So, I thank The Research Scientist for joining and making our CPT more interesting.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top