• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I’m looking to get a new PC

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

danigar - 03 May 2021 03:29 PM

As terrible as the market is right now, I don’t think a gaming laptop suits me, especially if I’m on a budget. My goal when I first built my desktop PC was the ability to upgrade periodically by parts without having to replace the whole thing. I never thought it could get like this when newer hardware came out so I’m open to options now, but I still think waiting to be able to upgrade or getting a pre-built PC fits me more than a laptop. The only advantage for me is the ability to move around and connect to different screens, but as it is right now I have a nice desktop set up where I don’t feel the need to move.

My other concern with laptops is the heat. The two laptops that I have owned had heating issues, they would shut off even when playing not demanding games like indy adventure games, so I can’t imagine playing demanding AAA games with a laptop. Maybe it depends on the quality or brand?

I got it, you buy a laptop for portability, being able to play games at Starbucks, etc. Today, laptops are much more powerful than they were is the past.  The other way to do upgrades is to buy a state of art computer then play the wheels off of it for 5-6 years then upgrade everything at that time.

My laptop is an Alienware and it runs like a champ, no overheating, nothing. I had to go big for VR gaming. No matter which way you go, laptops have always worked well for me. Before the Alienware I had an acer small laptop and I played games on it constantly and it never gave me any trouble for 6 full years.

Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top