• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pop Quiz! Tend to the garden

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I’ve always been terrible at guessing screenshots, but this? You’d have to: a) be a genius, b) have photographic memory, or c) really need to get outside for some sunshine! Tongue

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Luhr28 - 22 April 2021 07:11 PM

I’ve always been terrible at guessing screenshots, but this? You’d have to: a) be a genius, b) have photographic memory, or c) really need to get outside for some sunshine! Tongue

Or use a lot of wine… I mean, sap!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Final weekend!

Scores so far:

Baron_Blubba, 3 points
Timovieman, 2 points
DarkEye, 9 points
Lady Kestrel, 9 points
chrissie, 10 points
Jerry, 10 points
Sir Beardalot, 1 point

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Could you give us some seeds, I mean, hints?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

walas74 - 30 April 2021 11:13 AM

Be careful what you wish for!  Tongue

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Don’t worry, I have enough wine hahaha

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Jerry - 30 April 2021 12:41 PM
walas74 - 30 April 2021 11:13 AM

Be careful what you wish for!  Tongue

Grin

Let me check which images haven’t been guessed by anyone yet. I’ll think of a couple of hints. Then I’ll rethink those hints and post them here!

edit: wow, only two undiscovered images left! If this was a team effort, you would’ve owned this quiz. Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

2. This first person adventure is the second release of a trilogy. The final game was never released. The lukewarm reception of this installment might have something to do with it.

7. Like yours truly, this game has its roots in the Netherlands!

To keep things fair, I was thinking of providing hints for images that have already been guessed by others. I’ve come up with two possible solutions: half points for a full list of seeds, or hint requests per PM, for one point per hint, receive two points if the answer is correct.

Which would you prefer? (I’ll pick the first suggestion that receives at least three votes).

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, my goal is not to score zero so if I pick the second option for one image and I missed, would I score -1? If so, I choose the first option!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Vegetable Party - 01 May 2021 03:58 AM

2. This is first person adventure is the second release of a trilogy. The final game was never released. The lukewarm reception of this installment might have something to do with it.

7. Like yours truly, this game has its roots in the Netherlands!

To keep things fair, I was thinking of providing hints for images that have already been guessed by others. I’ve come up with two possible solutions: half points for a full list of seeds, or hint requests per PM, for one point per hint, receive two points if the answer is correct.

Which would you prefer? (I’ll pick the first suggestion that receives at least three votes).

Vegetable Party, it’s YOUR quiz so you are free to do what you want but since you ask…..
....I’m not sure I’m understanding correctly:
If you provide hints for images that have already been guessed you will give 1/2 point for each one guessed thereon?
If you request a hint by PM it will cost you one point (to be deducted from the existing you may have?) but you will get two points if you guess it correctly. How that comes across to me is that you will be no worse off if you try to get a hint via PM? Am I perceiving this wrongly?
Since you’re asking I would prefer that ALL hints are public & not via PM. (They can be put in spoiler tags)   
Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Alright, 2 and 7 are still a full point!

2. This first person adventure is the second release of a trilogy. The final game was never released. The lukewarm reception of this installment might have something to do with it. - (Aura 2:) The Sacred Rings

7. Like yours truly, this game has its roots in the Netherlands! - Rusty Lake: Roots

A correct answer resulting from the following hints will be half a point each.

1. This cowboy story mimics the style of a 90s LucasArts classic. - 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
3. Shoot! It’s no wonder you’re having trouble finding this game! - Bud Tucker in double Trouble
4. This isn’t “Bevery Hills Cop”, but if you listen closely, there is one similarity! - Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (Director’s Cut)
5. Can you find a clue behind the scenes ? - Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger
6. Squint your eyes and image those 90s internet vibes. - Hypnospace Outlaw
8. A slow pace in outer space! - Snail Trek
9. A mixed up modern fairy tale? - Anna’s Quest
10. Follow that tree-hating jester! - (Fables & Friends:) The Legend of Kyrandia (Book One)
11. E.T. growing veg-03d? - Alien Function
12. I hope nobody lost sleep over this one.. - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
13. A cactus with retractable needles? - Inspector Waffles
14. I hear the roads in San Francisco got pretty vicious after the Apocalypse. - Mean Streets
15. This order was never ploughshare material. - Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
16. This current title is always on the rise. - NAIRI - Rising Tide
17. Alexander’s romantic adventure. - King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
18. There’s no Kubrick in sight, but there’s definitely a cosmic quality to this game. - Odysseus Kosmos and his Robot Quest

edit: Some of these hints are still very VP.. I tried, people. I really did.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I know one, I know one!!!!!

Vade retro zero points!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@chrissie: that was the gist of it. Smile I took your advice, free hints behind a spoiler tag. I hope you get the chance to wager another guess!

@walas74: that game is kind of sci-fi, isn’t it? Thanks for your encouraging words.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Vegetable Party - 02 May 2021 02:26 AM

@chrissie: that was the gist of it. Smile I took your advice, free hints behind a spoiler tag. I hope you get the chance to wager another guess!

@walas74: that game is kind of sci-fi, isn’t it? Thanks for your encouraging words.

Sorry, what game? And don’t mention it, as someone who has organized a lot of things in this life, I know well how happy one feels when people thank you for your altruistic effort. After all, as you don’t earn any money, at least deserve some love haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

@walas74 is drinking a few typical Colombian rum & coke while fighting the f#$%&” nif files to extract images from Culpa Innata and feels sentimental haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top