• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

First real multiplayer point-and-click adventure

Poll: How do you like the idea of a multi-player point-and-click adventure?
Total Votes: 6
Great! This was long overdue
Sounds interesting, I’ll give it a try
I don’t care.
That’s a really stupid idea.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2021-01-03

PM

Dear adventure gamers,

did you ever want to play a multiplayer version of a classical point-and-click adventure? Thanks to my recently finished ‘Corona project’, you can do!

TEAM&click; is the first and only platform for multi-player point-and-click adventures. Each player controls one avatar which can interact with the objects in the game world and with other avatars. You can examine or take objects, use them or even combine them to build something new. Often you have to collaborate with your team mates to solve a riddle: Maybe you have an item which they need to make progress, or several avatars need to act in a coordinated fashion to accomplish a certain task.

Sounds like fun? Visit http://www.team-and-click.com and try the free one-player demo. It takes literally only one click to start the game.

If you want to try out the multiplayer experience, create a free account and invite a few friends to join you in the free demo room ‘The Factory’. It will be 60 min packed with riddles and fun for you and your friends.

Cheers,
Pamela

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Not really the first multiplayer point and click, but good idea nonetheless. After trying the demo, I just wanna ask: Is the walking really slowish, or is something wrong with my browser?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2021-01-03

PM

The walking should not be slowish. What browser and what device are you using?

Can you point me to other multi-player point-and-clicks? I am not aware of any in the classical style (i.e. similar to the old Lucas Arts Adventures)

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-01-19

PM

Interesting idea. Will check out.

Been playing games since ‘82

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

First of all: great concept. An escape room with playable characters, rather than just an environment, is a neat way of bridging the gap between classic single player point-and-click and real time co-operative escape room. It looks pretty good.

From what I can tell, you offer a functional combination of experience (game) and environment (conference call-style service). The (character-oriented) graphical style and perspective will definitely draw in fans of the point-and-click genre.

Pamela1280 - 04 January 2021 02:14 AM

Can you point me to other multi-player point-and-clicks? I am not aware of any in the classical style (i.e. similar to the old Lucas Arts Adventures)

I recently played “Tick Tock: A Tale for Two” with one of my brothers. It’s concept is different from yours (and perhaps it’s source of inspiration), but it definitely does fit the description of multiplayer point-and-click adventure game. It’s quite good, as well.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2021-01-21

PM

Wasn’t this tried with URU and it really didn’t work out very well?

Solo creator of games, artwork and sharable stuff. Latest game MISTICO: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mistico/id1548284677

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Multiplayer wouldn’t obviously work with just any p&c but if it’s well done, it definitely would be great to be able to actually play with a friend instead of just having the other one watch. But I think it’s still essential to have a single player option in any p&c (not that anyone was suggesting a pure multiplayer one).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Wouldn’t Spy Vs. Spy from 1984 count as the first multiplayer point-and-click?

It’s very different from what is considered point-and-click today, but it has clickable (with joystick, obviously) action buttons, it has inventory, it has third person protagonists for 1-2 players, and you can interact with objects in the game world.

The only thing that is missing is real narrative, but then again, whether that is needed for genre definition can be debated for a long time.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think Spy vs. Spy “counts”, but there’s a huge difference whether the game is co-op or player vs. player. I played Spy vs. Spy a lot when I was a kid but I wouldn’t want to play it today. Co-op adventures, please.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Definitely not the first multi-player point and click adventure since I made one called Cross Purposes for adventure jam like 2 years ago. It was a finalist in the Most Innovative category.

It’s still on Gamejolt here https://gamejolt.com/games/crosspurposes/340843, but I don’t think it works anymore. It relies on Unet which is now deprecated in Unity.

Happy to see more work being done in this area. Multi-player point & click adventures are cool.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top