• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 09:56 PM

And at what point am I supposed to pay for the game?

Oh sorry, I was under the assumption that you already own it on GOG. Obviously you have to buy it first and then follow the instructions.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

SoccerDude’s instructions are accurate. It is exactly the way I did it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I had to jump through some hoops, but I think it is installed. Hoops included uninstalling GOG, going to GOG.com, resetting password, resetting installation code, whatever that is, getting to the home page, finding and buying the game. It seems to work, and I get the opening screen. But there is no desktop icon so it appears I need to open GOG to play the game. I’m open to suggestions how to streamline this. But at least I have an avenue to play. Or so I think.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

You might need to go to the install directory, right click on the executable and create a shortcut to put on the desktop. I looked up where GOG games are installed and I got

$HOME/GOG Games

which is a bit weird. Seems to me GOG was a lot better before this newfangled ‘Galaxy’ thing they brought in.

(i’m looking for a smiley with an old bearded man waving his cane but I can’t find one)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 25 September 2020 12:51 AM

which is a bit weird. Seems to me GOG was a lot better before this newfangled ‘Galaxy’ thing they brought in.

(i’m looking for a smiley with an old bearded man waving his cane but I can’t find one)

I too have gotten rid of GOG Galaxy a while ago. It seemed like a poor attempt to emulate the Steam client, while the regular downloads from the site itself were working just fine the old way…

Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 September 2020 01:57 AM

Lighthouse (10) - Lady Kestrel (leader), SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Advie, Doom, Sefir, Crabapple, Walas74, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Aren’t all these people going to protest that Lighthouse won the poll and the new playthrough is Lighthouse: The Dark Being?

(And isn’t “The Dark Being” somewhat of a spoiler?)

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, that’s the real name of the game, so…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Vehelon - 25 September 2020 10:27 AM
Lady Kestrel - 23 September 2020 01:57 AM

Lighthouse (10) - Lady Kestrel (leader), SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Advie, Doom, Sefir, Crabapple, Walas74, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Aren’t all these people going to protest that Lighthouse won the poll and the new playthrough is Lighthouse: The Dark Being?

(And isn’t “The Dark Being” somewhat of a spoiler?)

That is the name of the game if you buy it on GOG.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 25 September 2020 05:00 AM

I too have gotten rid of GOG Galaxy a while ago. It seemed like a poor attempt to emulate the Steam client, while the regular downloads from the site itself were working just fine the old way…

Wink

Same here. To me, the whole point of GOG is DRM free, so having a client defeats the purpose. I get that it is more convenient for updates, but I usually just download the latest version available before playing a game and stick to it.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

SoccerDude - 25 September 2020 01:28 PM
TimovieMan - 25 September 2020 05:00 AM

Wink

Same here. To me, the whole point of GOG is DRM free, so having a client defeats the purpose. I get that it is more convenient for updates, but I usually just download the latest version available before playing a game and stick to it.

As we use to say in Spain, you can say it louder but not clearer…

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Now that Lighthouse FINALLY got a proper playthrough, it’s time to vote for the next game.

I’ll start by nominating:
The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3
Loom

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I nominate There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension. I recently finished it and it’s a marvelous, funny, 4th wall breaking meta game with excellent puzzles that require out-of-the-box thinking, and a nice story as well. I’d love to play it again with other people, if only to see all the achievements, hoping for nice easter eggs. And I ususally don’t care about achievements. Smile This non-game is divided into chapters, so it’s suitable for a CP.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

CP #63 Nominations and Voting

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (1) - SoccerDude
Loom (1) - SoccerDude
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (1) - Karlok

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll add my vote to The Journey down and There Is No Game.

In case of There Is No Game, I would suggest playing the freeware game first, no? It’ll only take 15 minutes and might put you in the right mood for the full game. Or am I wrong, Karlok?
I played the freeware game when it was just released and thought it was hilarious. And I had planned on playing the full game soon anyway. Grin

I don’t fully get the nomination for Loom. Even the first time I played it, it didn’t take me much longer than three hours to finish it. How does that work for a CPT? You can basically finish it in one sitting…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 31 October 2020 06:06 AM

In case of There Is No Game, I would suggest playing the freeware game first, no? It’ll only take 15 minutes and might put you in the right mood for the full game. Or am I wrong, Karlok?

I don’t know, haven’t played the freeware game. But now I will. Smile
Apparently the kickstarter campaign failed and he got financial support elsewhere. It’s selling well for an indie game by an unknown developer, over 100,000 in less than 3 months according to Steamspy. Sweet revenge.

The AG reviewer gave it 5 stars. No game is perfect, but I give it 5 stars too.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top