• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Interesting Untranslated Games

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

The non-AG version. Although fan translations have been increasing over the years, there’re still way too many gems out there hoping to get noticed. Share the coolest ones, and if the language barrier is low even better!

On the left is Engacho!, an easy to pick up puzzle game where you must escape the nasty bullies, wrapped up in a splendid package to boot. Kids really dig the crude, childish humor; barely any language barrier here.
And on the right is SEGAGAGA, a RPG-Sim where you need recruit Sega mascots in order to help the struggling company fight against their nefarious and corrupt rival, DOGMA (read: Sony). High language barrier here, of course. Poor Alex Kidd…

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

And speaking of RPGs, how about the wonderful London Seirei Tanteidan (aka London Detective Team) here, which features gorgeous pixel art reminiscent of one of my favorite RPGs, Breath of Fire IV.

*swoon*

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I played SEGAGAGA a few years ago. It’s an absolutely hilarious game with all its parody references and self-depreciating jokes. The RPG segments are pretty easy (you play those parts more for the story and for recruiting staff), but the sim parts where you have to develop games to save Sega can be a bit unclear at times, I thought. I even bought the official guide to get me through the game ^_^’ The final boss segment is a complete surprise by the way, and not at all what you’d expect based on what the game does before that segment.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m loving the Segagaga concept. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Tantei KID - 25 September 2020 01:42 PM

I played SEGAGAGA a few years ago. It’s an absolutely hilarious game with all its parody references and self-depreciating jokes.

Oh, how I envy thee! Tell me, c-c-c-can you also recruit Segata Sanshiro?! In case any missiles come my way, y’know? And are there any interesting games out there you’d like to see an eng. transl. of?

It sucks that the transl. project of SGGG just faded away… same for Neo Geo CD’s Samurai Shodown RPG which was also abandoned halfway through (although there’s a finished French translation patch out there, I think).

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Segata doesn’t appear in Segagaga unfortunately. I just checked Wikipedia, and it says there were plans for him to appear, but for various reasons, including the fact the contract had already run out by then, the plans were canned.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Tantei KID - 28 September 2020 06:11 AM

Segata doesn’t appear in Segagaga unfortunately.

Awww, that sucks. I guess I’ll just have to wait for someone to translate the Warioware-style Segata Sanshiro Shinken Yugi, then. And with all these rumours saying Virtua Fighter is making a comeback, here’s hoping he’ll be a secret playable fighter (or his son) to trash Akira Yuki, the t-rex of bajiquan!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top