• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

15th of oct release date,
Roger Wilco is making a cameo, and lots of LSL’s characters we had seen in earlier parts too.

i love Crazy Bunch, with Annas Quest and this LSL Series they could be filling Deadalic vacancy, hope they keep their consistency.  fingers crossed.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Some of the laziest puns in history in these 2 new games, a lobotomised tree slug could come up with better. And the innuendo is so thinly veiled that Al Lowe must be turning in his grave.

Pure trash and a disgrace to the Larry name

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I’m glad you said it Burge, not me.

And did they actually get an EU grant for this? That is hard to believe. Sounds like someone’s relatives or close ones were on the Board.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2020-06-17

PM

The main problem is that authors tried too hard to play it safe and be politically correct so the options for comedic themes got extremely narrow, basic and stupid in the end.

You cannot make quality Larry game if you wish to follow modern standards of acceptable media. To make it you need to have a perfect combination of balls and good taste (when put in the perspective), something that Al Lowe had.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

VoodooDerina - 24 September 2020 05:30 AM

The main problem is that authors tried too hard to play it safe and be politically correct so the options for comedic themes got extremely narrow, basic and stupid in the end.

You cannot make quality Larry game if you wish to follow modern standards of acceptable media. To make it you need to have a perfect combination of balls and good taste (when put in the perspective), something that Al Lowe had.

Well, it explains the EU grant, at least Content

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh.
Really?

I liked Wet Dreams Don’t Dry. Worse, I’m looking forward to playing the sequel.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

VoodooDerina - 24 September 2020 05:30 AM

I’m curious as I think that LSL: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry is one of the breaths of fresh air amongst the dearth of recent decent 3rd person pnc adventure games released in the last few years.
Please explain in detail what exactly was:
safe, politically correct, narrow, basic and stupid???????

The latest game lead me on to playing some of the earlier ones - all of the games I’ve experienced so far have their cringe moments so what’s so different about the later ones?

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Burge - 23 September 2020 03:28 PM

And the innuendo is so thinly veiled that Al Lowe must be turning in his grave.

Um, Al Lowe is still very much alive…  Gasp

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Maybe he sleeps in a coffin? It’s not unheard of.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-10-25

PM

How are people finding the game now that it is out? I am playing it currently and i find it charming enough.

I did expect it to be more stand alone though and it is clear that is kind of expects you to have played the previous one which puts me in an odd spot as i haven’t.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m curious to know what maybe is lacking in the second game that could be discovered in the first?
As the games weren’t released as episodes yes, this second game should be stand-alone. Agreed!

But sometimes games in a series do reference incidents from previous games that mean more to the players who have played them rather than usefully contribute to the story of the later game?  Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TooDumbForAdventureGames - 25 October 2020 08:31 AM

How are people finding the game now that it is out? I am playing it currently and i find it charming enough.

I liked the first one better but I haven’t finished this one yet, so I may still change my mind.

I did expect it to be more stand alone though and it is clear that is kind of expects you to have played the previous one which puts me in an odd spot as i haven’t.

I agree, it’s definitely not a stand-alone game. I wouldn’t even call it a sequel, it’s the second half of one big game. It starts exactly where the first game left off: same location, same NPCs.* I can imagine it’s not much fun not knowing what’s going on, you must be wondering who Lefty, Faith, and those people at that company are. There is some sort of recap by the Mexican guy at the beginning, but that’s only useful for players who finished Wet Dreams Don’t Dry.

*Edit: Larry gets to visit entirely new locations pretty soon though.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I would have liked this to be more daring.
By my standards it continues the series quite well (better than Magna Cum Laude definitely), but it just feels tame. It’s different times now ... sexual humor can be way different these days. Shame they didn’t do a bit more with it, but they love trotting out the “it’s because of consoles! But we also didn’t want to anyway! But, really, it’s because of consoles. Except our artistic vision was always like this. But, frankly, consoles.”

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-10-25

PM

Karlok - 25 October 2020 11:01 AM

I agree, it’s definitely not a stand-alone game. I wouldn’t even call it a sequel, it’s the second half of one big game. It starts exactly where the first game left off: same location, same NPCs.* I can imagine it’s not much fun not knowing what’s going on, you must be wondering who Lefty, Faith, and those people at that company are. There is some sort of recap by the Mexican guy at the beginning, but that’s only useful for players who finished Wet Dreams Don’t Dry.

*Edit: Larry gets to visit entirely new locations pretty soon though.

Yes exactly. The recap in the beginning helped me out a bit but there is still a lot of things missing (not to mention the emotional investment in the characters).

chrissie - 25 October 2020 09:09 AM

I’m curious to know what maybe is lacking in the second game that could be discovered in the first?
As the games weren’t released as episodes yes, this second game should be stand-alone. Agreed!

But sometimes games in a series do reference incidents from previous games that mean more to the players who have played them rather than usefully contribute to the story of the later game?  Smile

It is more than simple references, it is more like a continuation of the story. The main plot is based on events in the first game (so far) and there is a large number of plotpoints and characters from the last game which are introduced rather abruptly.

Of course there is a greyzone on what it means to be a stand alone but in this case i at least felt like i missed out on some stuff due to not having played the previous game.

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Apologies if I’m missing something, but I’m confused why don’t you just play the first game? If it’s a 2 part game with not much difference between them, that’s what I would do.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top