• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your thoughts on our forums

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hi everyone,

As you’ve noticed these lasts years (?), I’ve made several changes to the forums to make them more usable. Improvements on mobile, fixing broken functionality and extending it with some long requested featured.

However, as time goes by I wonder if this current forum software (which has been the debate before) is still the right one to use. So who better to ask then, you, the forum members. What do you want in forum software? Is there certain software or example forums you believe are much more usable? I’d like to seriously start looking into moving software, if there is enough wish for different software with rationale on why :-)

I’d also like to see how these forums could have certain subforums for other genres as well (like RPG’s and Platformers for instance), so again, open to suggestions. As a stretch I -might- even be able to get all the old archived forum posts back together, but no promises there.

Let me know!

Ivo

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hi there.

I wish the forum software would allow image attachments, so all the pictures from this thread could be preserved (as long as the forum lasts).

I also miss “members online” or “who’s watching what” option, because I like to lurk and find out what other members are interested in.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I like the forums how they are. The only improvement I can think of is a chat room, like they used to have back in the 90s. I think it was called IRC or IRQ, and it’ s more social. You go there if you want immediate back-and-forth chat. The forums are good but waiting for hours to get a reply is not ideal, sometimes you want something more immediate.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Donuts McGee - 29 August 2020 08:38 PM

I like the forums how they are. The only improvement I can think of is a chat room, like they used to have back in the 90s. I think it was called IRC or IRQ, and it’ s more social. You go there if you want immediate back-and-forth chat. The forums are good but waiting for hours to get a reply is not ideal, sometimes you want something more immediate.

We have Discord for that. Wink

@Ivo, maybe feature the link to the Discord more prominently at the site? I had to search in the forums to find the link again as I couldn’t easily find it otherwise.

Edit: I’m also missing the links to the latest articles at the top of the forums. I quite liked having them… Innocent

Edit 2: More on-topic, I’ve gotten so used to the forums as they are (and no longer frequent other forums as much) that I don’t really see lots of improvements any more. You should have asked me this question five years ago. Tongue Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I went to the Discord “chat” and the last message there was 2 weeks ago. So… it’s even less active than this forum.

But I’m sure Donuts is a patient guy. Happy chatting!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 31 August 2020 04:45 AM

Edit: I’m also missing the links to the latest articles at the top of the forums. I quite liked having them… Innocent

Hah removed them as I hardly saw anyone clicking on them and I didn’t like that it pushed the content so far down, but I’ll likely re-introduce them. Was just thinking of how to make them more useful, but perhaps they were already fine as they were.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Vehelon - 31 August 2020 05:49 AM

I went to the Discord “chat” and the last message there was 2 weeks ago. So… it’s even less active than this forum.

But I’m sure Donuts is a patient guy. Happy chatting!

It’s not super active (there are times where there’s more) but every day or so there is -some- activity at least.. we need more active chatting folks there though :-)

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

CaliMonk - 31 August 2020 01:52 PM
TimovieMan - 31 August 2020 04:45 AM

Hah removed them as I hardly saw anyone clicking on them and I didn’t like that it pushed the content so far down, but I’ll likely re-introduce them. Was just thinking of how to make them more useful, but perhaps they were already fine as they were.

They were my route to articles I wanted to see. I don’t use the homepage much, so them being gone is a bit irritating.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wont let me join discord.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Brought back the article/news links on the top of the page :-)

Discord link (I’ll add it somewhere soon that’s always visible)
https://discord.gg/JMQvrrv

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

CaliMonk - 01 September 2020 06:57 AM

Brought back the article/news links on the top of the page :-)

Thanks, Ivo! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d love a greater variety of expressive smileys?  Smile

I should have added that I like the forum very much as it is.  Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

A like button would be nice.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Adv_Lvr - 03 September 2020 10:58 PM

A like button would be nice.

No like button, please!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

What about a dislike button, then?

(if we had one you wouldn’t have needed to type that post!)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vehelon - 04 September 2020 08:33 AM

What about a dislike button, then?

No dislike button, please!

(if we had one you wouldn’t have needed to type that post!)

Cool
but not entirely true.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top