• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sam&Max; VR

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScarySassyTireTooSpicy?tt_content=url&tt_medium=clips_api

They announced a new Sam&Max; game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

“Sam & Max: This Time It’s Virtual”

But it was virtual already the first time!

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Why are VR games always just gimmicks?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Who is developing this? I thought Telltale was dead, and this looks identical to the Telltale games.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Great news. Looking forward to Sam and Max in VR.

Venkman - 28 August 2020 02:50 AM

The thing is, they are not. There’s a whole lot of great VR games out now.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The thing is, they are not. There’s a whole lot of great VR games out now.

Yup and I have a stack of them on my PSVR Pro system. There are people who LOVE playing horror VR adventure games and there are quite a few to choose from, in addition to regular adventure games.

I play VR games all the time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I’m PUMPED

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

I’m not sure what to think. The graphic design and voices are on point, but what can be seen of the gameplay feels a lot like one of those all-too-common VR “experiences” that don’t really try to be a game. At least it’s reassuring to see some of the names involved with this.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

YEEEEESSSS!!

@Luhr: It`s not Telltale game, it`s made by Happy Giant and there are some ex LucasArts employees behind that development team.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Harald B - 28 August 2020 04:23 PM

I’m not sure what to think. The graphic design and voices are on point, but what can be seen of the gameplay feels a lot like one of those all-too-common VR “experiences” that don’t really try to be a game. At least it’s reassuring to see some of the names involved with this.

No doubt about it….and I don’t care. I’m in for the jokes and nostalgic feelings.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sometimes the transition to VR goes well. Dangaronpa the VR demo was actually quite good and fun to play and still had the Dangaronpa feel to it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Mikekelly - 31 August 2020 09:01 AM

Sometimes the transition to VR goes well. Dangaronpa the VR demo was actually quite good and fun to play and still had the Dangaronpa feel to it.

Or The Room VR. For me, it’s pretty much the best one in the series.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I can’t say how well the game was translated to VR, as I’ve only played the VR version of it, but Republique VR is a solid game. You have to use the security cameras to guide a prisoner on her escape, scouting rooms ahead for guards and plane when she should try to sneak or when try to stun them and so on. Quite good use of VR, all in all.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Venkman - 28 August 2020 02:50 AM

True, most VR games are 2-5 hours long, but I don’t see that making them gimmicks. And their length is pretty much the only knock against them, mechanically they’re solid games. This holds true for adventure games in general as well, VR or not. So you’re basically saying adventure games are gimmicks.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Sam and Max VR game sounds & looks better and better!

https://skarredghost.com/2021/02/05/sam-max-time-virtual-vr-price-release/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top