• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Secrets of Jesus

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Hi guys,

I would like to present my game. It’s a point and click adventure game about Jesus and his story after the crucifixion.
Many puzzles, many stories also from the bible, lots of humor and jokes and verses.

It’s available now! on Steam and itch.io.
The Secrets of Jesus - Steam page

The Secrets of Jesus on itch.io

You can find some screenshots and more details on the website.
https://www.thesecretsofjesus.de/en/

English Trailer
The Secrets of Jesus Trailer

I hope you have a sense for black humour (dark humor) and you like it Smile

If your are interested, please follow the game on Twitter or Facebook to see the news.
Thank you.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Amir, please tell us much more about your game.  Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-12-10

PM

Black humor?
So you’re saying there will be ‘black humour’ in the game you are creating about the days of the resurrection of the Lord?
Meh

Yes, Yes, I’m downstairs, in the morgue.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Thank you for your questions guys.

Much more about the game? Hmmmm it’s an adventure game. Is that enough? Laughing
there is a short description on the website, to that i can tell you a few things and i’ll answer DrHermann at the same time.

DrHermann, yes there is black humour in the game. Religion is generally a verboten topic for everyone and that’s why I chose this topic because i think you can express your opinion about anything you like and you can criticize anything you want, the upshot it’s just an opinion your own opinion, and it’s just a game, don’t take it
seriously Smile 

i am an Ex-christian, i was very religious and i still find the religions and the different gods interesting and also that’s why I chose this topic. Believe me, the Secrets of Jesus is not a game just for unbelievers but also for christians and jews. I tried to make the believers and unbelievers satisfied.

In the game the black humor is not about death and violence, it’s somthing like black humor Grin i dont know how i can explain it. Do you know the movie Monty Python’s Life of Brian? It’s something like that.

i will add here the description from the website, becoz i think many dont visit the website. Smile

The Secrets of Jesus is a point and click adventure game which tells the story of Jesus (Christ) after the crucifixion. You play Jesus, who is sought again by the Romans. Solve puzzles, reveal secrets and help him to find a missing person and escape the Romans. Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the first century. Get to know many quotes and sayings from the Bible. Meet biblical people, experience a real adventure with a lot of black humour and you decide at the end whether it’s a real story or fake story.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Any “interactions” with Mary Magdalene?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

walas74 - 29 January 2019 10:37 AM

Any “interactions” with Mary Magdalene?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

looool yes there are “interactions” with Mary Magdalene, but no sexual interactions Grin

Mary Magdalene plays a big role in the game.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Why is Jesus standing in front of a St Patrick’s saltire in your avatar? Has he become Irish?

I mean, if that’s the real “secret of Jesus” then you’ve pretty much spoilered the game right there.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

It’s not a spoiler. I didnt mean that when I painted it. It’s just a red background behind a cross.  Smile

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2019-02-07

PM

Amir - 28 January 2019 08:08 PM

yes there is black humour in the game. Religion is generally a verboten topic for everyone

Poking fun of Christianity was already overdone by the time I was cloned from the DNA of the late Chief Judge Fargo. If you want to stick out from your class, young cadet, dare also face no-go zones such as Islam or the buried Haavara Agreement.

Such bravery will get you a sarcophagus in the Hall of Heroes.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Hi mr Joe Smile Thank u for ur opinion.

No matter how the poking fun of Christianity is overdone in my game, i think the game will be played more by Christians than atheists or unbelievers.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thank God, I am atheist, but I still would play your game.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

walas74 - 14 February 2019 05:38 PM

Thank God, I am atheist, but I still would play your game.

That’s cool, i look forward to it Laughing

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Dear Mr Amir,
Will your game The Secrets of Jesus be playable for Zoroastrians?
Kindest regards, may God guide you always.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Vehelon - 23 February 2019 08:27 PM

Dear Mr Amir,
Will your game The Secrets of Jesus be playable for Zoroastrians?
Kindest regards, may God guide you always.

No sorry, if you are zoroastrian you cann’t paly my game Laughing

Yes sure, why not. Even if you worship stones, my game would be playable for you Smile

Forget that it’s a religious game. It’s an adventure game like all other adventure games Smile

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Spoiler alert: Judas must kiss Jesus in order to get him arrested at Gethsemane.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top