• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally reveal trailer:

First episode out 27th September

Brothers on the run

The main characters of Life is Strange 2 are brothers Sean (16) and Daniel Diaz (9), two brothers living a fairly normal life in Seattle, Washington state. Following a tragic event, their lives are forever changed. Now on the run from the police and threatened with both separation and incarceration, Sean decides to take his younger brother and seek a better life in their family’s home town of Puerto Lobos, Mexico.

Life on the road is tough and dangerous. The brothers will face all manner of challenges as they bravely undertake a journey that will test the bonds of brotherhood. Playing as Sean, you will need to make the kind of tough choices you can expect from a Life is Strange game, and you will need to live with the consequences of your actions. The game will this time focus on brotherhood alongside the need to guide and educate your younger brother whilst simultaneously coming of age yourself. As with previous games in the series, Life is Strange 2 will tackle a host of issues that all of us can identify with and that will cause moral dilemmas and require much soul searching. These themes come together most powerfully in the way Daniel will develop depending on the lessons you teach him and the role model you decide to be.

We are also really excited to confirm that Life is Strange 2 will feature a new power. What it is and how it relates to the brothers is something you will discover in due course!

As Sean and Daniel travel towards Mexico, they will meet an entirely new cast of characters and pass through numerous new settings. Life is Strange 2 will also include multiple features that will be unveiled over the course of the next week, as we strive to deliver the most ambitious Life is Strange entry with the highest production values in the game series to date. Jonathan Morali, the French composer who worked with the team on the first game, is also composing a new original soundtrack for Life is Strange 2 which will be supported by a brand new licensed soundtrack.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Looks good. 

Surprisingly I’m getting more Walking Dead: Season One vibes from the trailer than I am Life is Strange vibes.  Will be interesting to see where it goes.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

I’m really excited. I figured they were going to play it safe and just do another story set in the same town as the one from LiS 1 but this sounds really different.

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Excited! Though i agree that there’s abit of a “Walking dead”-vibe on the first viewing of the trailer. Wonder how it will tie in with “The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit”

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

kaffebaggel - 21 August 2018 02:14 AM

Excited! Though i agree that there’s abit of a “Walking dead”-vibe on the first viewing of the trailer. Wonder how it will tie in with “The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit”

The 2 brothers are the neighbours from Captain Spirit that “save” him at the end. Im’m sure the kid from Captain Spirit will show up.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

19min gameplay, basically until the “incident”  Confused That ending… That escalated fast

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

The roadtrip idea is probably the best thing they could have come up with. It’s different enough to be fresh and I think the idea of revisiting the same locations many times gets boring when you don’t have much gameplay.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

wilco - 21 August 2018 04:17 AM

19min gameplay, basically until the “incident”  Confused That ending… That escalated fast

of course evil white bully and police officer, so cliche this is an insta skip for me

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 August 2018 11:56 AM
wilco - 21 August 2018 04:17 AM

of course evil white bully and police officer, so cliche this is an insta skip for me

the scene didn’t read like that to me. the game shows you that, from the cop’s perspective, he sees the kid covered in blood. He looks badly beaten even though it was just a short scuffle with only one actual punch.

then various people approach him, won’t comply and he misfires due to being nervous. I didn’t get the impression that they were trying to paint the cop as a monster.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Seriously?  The cop wasn’t even portrayed poorly.

But yeah, of course there are no bad white people in the world, so you better not ever show one in a negative light!  [/sarcasm]

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Detective Mosely - 21 August 2018 08:42 PM

Seriously?  The cop wasn’t even portrayed poorly.

But yeah, of course there are no bad white people in the world, so you better not ever show one in a negative light!  [/sarcasm]

Def bad white people, and we get to see two written in the most cliche ways possible. Over zealous cop shoots an american mexican for no reason, showing he is incompentent fits snug into the poltical agenda. Im all for diversity when written well. My fav adventure game these past couple of yrs is technobabylon and it features an indian woman and a transgender person in lead roles. That was handled with class and written well. This is just bs. So far the game introduces two white males back to back and both are shown in an extreme negative light.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Jdawg I get where you’re coming from but I’d really wait till we see more to make a definitive call.

You could have said the same thing about David Madsen from the first game early on. That they were trying to portray a conservative veteran in a negative light for political reasons. But David actually has a massive redemptive arc and saves Max from Jefferson. He’s given depth and his service is respected.

It’s obvious that DontNod is a fairly progressive studio but up until this point they’ve never gone off the deep end with it.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 August 2018 09:40 PM

Def bad white people, and we get to see two written in the most cliche ways possible. Over zealous cop shoots an american mexican for no reason, showing he is incompentent fits snug into the poltical agenda.

It also fits snug into the reality of what’s been happening in America, so I don’t see the problem with it.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 August 2018 09:40 PM

Def bad white people, and we get to see two written in the most cliche ways possible. Over zealous cop shoots an american mexican for no reason, showing he is incompentent fits snug into the poltical agenda. Im all for diversity when written well. My fav adventure game these past couple of yrs is technobabylon and it features an indian woman and a transgender person in lead roles. That was handled with class and written well. This is just bs. So far the game introduces two white males back to back and both are shown in an extreme negative light.

Isn’t it also worth considering that almost everyone in the original game was white?  And the only black person I remember seemed like a complete douche bag?  (Hayden)

That seems like pretty good evidence to me that they’re not trying to suit any agenda.  They’re just portraying people of various types, and their skin color is not being considered when doing so.  Which would actually be the exact opposite of what you’re assuming is the case based on 10 minutes of gameplay.

Also worth considering is this is made by a French studio.  They’re not going to have the same automatic political associations to every little thing that we do.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Detective Mosely - 21 August 2018 10:56 PM

Isn’t it also worth considering that almost everyone in the original game was white?  And the only black person I remember seemed like a complete douche bag?  (Hayden)

The black cop at the diner was a chill bro. Also the science teacher.

Principle Wells was a dick, though.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

PlanetX - 21 August 2018 11:25 PM
Detective Mosely - 21 August 2018 10:56 PM

The black cop at the diner was a chill bro. Also the science teacher.

Principle Wells was a dick, though.

True, there were other black characters.  I was thinking of students.

I just think it’s clear that his suspected agenda thing was 100% not the case in the first game, so I don’t know why anyone thinking rationally would see 10 minutes of this game that happens to fit this theme of white people being bad and minorities being good and assume it must continue throughout the rest of the sequel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top