• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Android device games?

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I noticed there are iOS games, and I mean proper adventure games and not just cheap freeware. So that must mean there are android games too, right? The site’s search function doesn’t include the category.

It would be nice to be able to play a game or 2 on my phone.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I can think of the humongous entertainment titles, and there is a “Layton Brothers” game that is pretty good.  It’s still not as good as DS Layton games, but it’s certainly better than many other free mobile games.  If I remember right, this one is a like a forensics crime game.  You find stuff in a scene and cross reference evidence with testimony etc.  I don’t think I actually paid anything for it..

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, there are Android games. Of the top of my hat, you can get at least Syberia, Larry Wet Dreams, ABC Murders, Life is Strange and other adventure titles. Or if you are into more casual, then I think pretty much all Artefax Mundi’s hidden object adventure puzzle titles are for Android as well.

But as Android is quite a heterogeneous platform, some of the titles that have been available for it previously might have dropped out from sale completely. Not all devs bother updating their games. What you can buy also depends on your phone, as in general, if the game doesn’t support your phone/device, you won’t see it in the store either.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Donuts McGee - 14 July 2020 11:17 AM

I noticed there are iOS games, and I mean proper adventure games and not just cheap freeware. So that must mean there are android games too, right? The site’s search function doesn’t include the category.

There are lots of Android games, although if you mean Android exclusive, then I really would need a moment to think about that. Otherwise you have plenty to choose from, and of course all ScummVM games can be played on Android phones. (If your screen is resistive and not capacitive, that can cause some practical issues.) I personally played Zak McKracken and Flight of the Amazon Queen during an intercontinental flight. It worked OK, although some of the controls weren’t optimal, as can be expected.

Check sites like this to learn more about native Android games:
http://www.androidpit.com/best-android-adventure-games

Anyway, I must point out some issues with your question. You present “proper adventure games” and freeware as being somehow mutually exclusive, which is far from the truth! There are loads of quality freeware, BASS and FOTAQ to begin with, and many great games have been freeware from the start.

Also, I don’t know what “cheap freeware” is supposed to be. If it’s freeware, it’s free. If it’s not free, it’s not freeware.  Tongue

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

GateKeeper - 14 July 2020 12:51 PM

Also, I don’t know what “cheap freeware” is supposed to be. If it’s freeware, it’s free. If it’s not free, it’s not freeware.  Tongue

Free to the player doesn’t necessarily mean cheap-and-nasty on the production side though! As you mention, some proper classics are now free and some more recent freeware games are excellent too - but there’s also a lot of cheap tat which can make it hard to find the better ones.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

There are lots of Android games, although if you mean Android exclusive, then I really would need a moment to think about that. Otherwise you have plenty to choose from, and of course all ScummVM games can be played on Android phones. (If your screen is resistive and not capacitive, that can cause some practical issues.) I personally played Zak McKracken and Flight of the Amazon Queen during an intercontinental flight. It worked OK, although some of the controls weren’t optimal, as can be expected.

Anyway, I must point out some issues with your question. You present “proper adventure games” and freeware as being somehow mutually exclusive, which is far from the truth! There are loads of quality freeware, BASS and FOTAQ to begin with, and many great games have been freeware from the start.

I mean the games where there is no real story and you just do random puzzles or sliders. When I looked up games on Google Play Games that’s what came up. Like this kind of thing:

Zak McKracken and FotAQ are exactly what I’m looking for - thanks! Although I would prefer newer titles.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Good selection of games.
I’d add two of my favourites that are missing from the list:

- Agent A. Wonderful graphics and good puzzles.
- Detective Grimoire. Its sequel Tangle Tower (sadly it’s only available on iOS) is one of my favourite recent adventure games. Detective Grimoire is a bit shorter and graphics are a bit less polished, but it’s a damn good game on its own right.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Eight pages of adventures available on Android:
https://adventuregamers.com/topreviewed/cat/C14

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Add The Gardens Between to the list. Just released this week.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Jackal - 15 July 2020 11:51 AM

Add The Gardens Between to the list. Just released this week.

My wife and I will be experimenting with this during our road trip. ^^^^^

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I just released a youtube video about my top 10 Android adventures available as of Sep1 2020 if anyone is interested. I hope this helps Wink

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top