• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Currently Playing

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Giving “Overclocked: A History of Violence” a try.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Now starting “A New Beginning”. I have some catching up to do on recent adventures.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Started “Testament of Sherlock Holmes”. Good game, nice graphics, puzzles I can actually understand and do on my own…but I hate to say it, I’m a bit bored. Hope it gets exciting again, because I want to like this game.

EDIT: Holy gamoli! I reached a part that has me on the edge of my seat, anyone playing it will know which part I’m talking about. I’m jsut in shock, and this game got 100% more interesting and not boring anymore! 0.0

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Now starting The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

XCOM; talk about a blast from the past.  This game is freaking awesome and a true homage to the 90’s classic I played so very much in my early 20’s.  I love it!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Currently about 2/3 of the way through Resident Evil 6 in co-op with my buddy. While the game is awesome in some ways, in others it’s utter shit. The story and setting this time around is laughably bad - EVEN by Resident Evil standards! - and unless you have an encyclopedic memory regarding past stories in Resident Evil you will be completely lost as to what the hell is going on. Apparently I am supposed to clearly remember the happenings of Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, games that came out for PS1.

The three different campaigns are pretty awesome though, with the first being the horror one, the second the action one and the third more of a thriller horror mix kind of thing. The second is the one mostly to my liking - like playing a war game but with monsters instead of say Russians or terrorist. The shooting and fighting mechanic in general for all three campaigns is awesome.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Just started Heroes of Might and Magic 1, and I’m in love. My favorite non-adventure game is Kings Bounty, and this game is so like it that it makes me smile just playing it. Complete gem, can’t wait to play through this and the other 4. <3

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

inm8#2 - 11 October 2012 08:49 PM

Three games started in ten days, that’s a lot… have you finished all of them or did you get bored?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Fien - 17 October 2012 02:49 AM

Three games started in ten days, that’s a lot… have you finished all of them or did you get bored?

Oh I definitely finished Overclocked and A New Beginning. To be honest neither game was too challenging. ANB had a couple tricky puzzles, but overall it was somewhat linear and never required you to visit more than 3-4 screens at a time.

I finish what I start.  Wink But after my rampage I’ve slowed down and have barely scratched the surface of BOUT.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

inm8#2 - 17 October 2012 06:03 AM

I finish what I start.  Wink

That’s more than me. Tongue If I’m not enjoying a game, I put it on the backburner until I give it another go.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Yea I just had a blast with Overclocked and A New Beginning. Really great storytelling. But before that I finished The Whispered World, and that one did take a long time for me to revisit.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Played too much Torchlight 2 of late, but I did manage to break away for an hour; trying out the Talisman (board game -> video game) demo.  I sure hope it evolves into hotseat multiplayer at the very least.  I’ll definitely grab it on ios.

Image Attachments

thumb.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Only about halfway through the game but I have to say it’s brilliant. Just top notch all around. Great characters, great story with plenty of references to other movies/games/books, great gameplay. I’m loving BOUT so much. I feel like I’m the last person on here to play it.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

inm8#2 - 22 October 2012 04:19 AM

Only about halfway through the game but I have to say it’s brilliant. Just top notch all around. Great characters, great story with plenty of references to other movies/games/books, great gameplay. I’m loving BOUT so much. I feel like I’m the last person on here to play it.

i felt that way when i played it about 6 months ago Tongue
And i definitely regretted not playing it sooner. Its just an all-around strong game, with tons of referential humor.

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Probably going to continue with my ongoing ‘Final Fantasy VII’ replay now that ‘Dishonored’ is finished. Though no doubt I’ll be going back to that to find alternate routes and have fun disregarding the ethics I brought to my initial playthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top