• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disco Elysium

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

Gabe - 20 April 2020 03:57 PM
thinker - 20 April 2020 02:17 PM

I found the game torture within a few hours due to the text walls.

Must be very agonizing,sorry for the bother.

For the record I rate the game around 7/10 and I may even finish it eventually. I just reported that it has the potential to be very obnoxious to many people so it shouldn’t be recommended universally. I even see something similar in genres I like (e.g. I like sci-fi movies a lot but I know even if I consider a “6/10” good for me it will be hated by people that aren’t much into sci-fi but they would probably like a “9/10” sci-fi).

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Gabe - 20 April 2020 03:57 PM
thinker - 20 April 2020 02:17 PM

I found the game torture within a few hours due to the text walls.

Must be very agonizing,sorry for the bother.

well, to be fair, he’s a thinker, not a reader Laughing

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I now finished the game and I have a more in depth view of the game even though I would still rate it a 7/10 when talking generally about it in public because I still think it’s definitely not for everyone since it can be a 9/10 if you completely and totally love the style but a 5/10 if you are not that much into it.

The amount of text is obscene but the story great however it is also written by a non-native english speaker and at many occasions it feels like he explicitly tried to replace words with the rarest word possible and joined with the fact every single cultural name is fictional it can become tiresome.

All in all the game is fine since the story and character development are great and the gameplay dynamic enough (it has an indirect linearity but nothing too bad) but it’s definitely one of those games that has many lovers and haters and very few that see it in-between.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

thinker - 28 April 2020 10:00 AM

The amount of text is obscene but not terrible however it is also written by a non-native english speaker so at times it feels like he actively tried to replace words with the rarest word possible and joined with the fact every single cultural name is fictional it can become tiresome.

That much was obvious to me just from looking at the title.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

The PC Gamer Top 100 2020 list #1
” Of all the bold things Disco Elysium does, my favourite is that it says videogames can be political and all the better for it. It starts out cynical about politics (“It’s basically all just evil apes dukin’ it out on a giant ball” is a good line), and constantly points out the flaws of every ideology including ideology-less centrism, but it builds from there to a point—that politics is messy and confusing but also necessary, that communities should take care of their own most vulnerable members, and that even when it hides behind labels like ‘traditionalism’ and ‘nationalism’ fascism can go and do one. It makes other RPGs, especially ones that try to present both sides of every argument even when one side is in favour of indentured servitude, seem wishy-washy and cowardly.”

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Disco Elysium Final Cut Announced:

A free upgrade of Disco Elysium dubbed the Final Cut is coming to consoles in 2021. The Final Cut upgrade will have voice over for every line and new quests!

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top