• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 15 July 2019 03:40 PM

Wait, Blade Runner is set in 2019?! LOL, talk about the perfect timing for this playthrough. Smile

P.S. So, what is the difference between difficulty modes?

yes my friend, 1968 it was written, 2019 must have been very convenient then.

as for difficulty modes..

stroggoff - 15 July 2019 07:31 AM

Easy is unlimited ammo, infinite money, easier combat(less mouse jitter when McCoy is shooting at a target/enemy, less health for enemies, less damage taken for McCoy) and a couple of clues are offered easier than in the other modes (like McCoy will make a deduction faster).

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I finally got the game to run in ScummVM and so far so good. I definitely love the option to add subtitles! I’m also a fan of the movie although I haven’t seen it a while so my memory of specific characters/locations is a bit rusty.Judging just from the very beginning, the music and atmosphere is right on point. I’m definitely excited to be able to experience this.

One question/problem though, where do I choose the difficulty? I watched the intro, and clicked on McCoy as soon as I had control and it opened the KIA/Options thing but nowhere I see where to choose difficulty. I only see the conversation options Meh

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

danigar - 15 July 2019 08:03 PM

One question/problem though, where do I choose the difficulty? I watched the intro, and clicked on McCoy as soon as I had control and it opened the KIA/Options thing but nowhere I see where to choose difficulty. I only see the conversation options Meh

As soon as you have control, click on McCoy to access the Options screen & I think you need to click on Load to see the difficulty levels listed under New Game - choose your preference - the intro will begin again but just press Esc to skip it.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

chrissie - 15 July 2019 09:24 PM
danigar - 15 July 2019 08:03 PM

As soon as you have control, click on McCoy to access the Options screen & I think you need to click on Load to see the difficulty levels listed under New Game - choose your preference - the intro will begin again but just press Esc to skip it.

I actually noticed it the next time I opened the game, the options show up when loading the game Wink I find it strange that it won’t ask you before starting the game.  So I choose Easy for the ammo and money management and User Choice for conversations. I explored the crime scene again and I’m ready to go Smile

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Actually for this playthrough I’ll be going for my favorite (and imo the best) ending.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

danigar - 15 July 2019 10:23 PM

I find it strange that it won’t ask you before starting the game.

Just for the record, the default game difficulty, when the player starts the game for the first time is “Medium”.

The “User Choice” offers the player freedom in dialogue choices, but there’s at least one occasion that I can recall (and it’s with the dialogue with Runciter in this early part) where the Surly mode has a bit more dialogue for a certain question.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

We’re still waiting on a couple of players but as everyone else has at least got the game running, played through the intro, had a chance to investigate the area & check-out the KIA/OPT screens we’ll move on to get stuck-in properly!

TASK 2
Continue playing until you reach the beginning of Act 2 & stop there.

As mentioned earlier the game auto-saves at the beginning of each act.
Act 2 will be listed on the Save/Load screens after you’ve witnessed a cut-scene which may seem like a dream.

You have until Sunday evening. 

Meanwhile please feel free to comment on/discuss, in spoiler tags if appropriate, any aspects of the game so far & as you encounter them throughout the act.  Smile 

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Hmm. I’m disappointed with the game so far. No blades to be seen and no running either. What gives?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Rather than devoting your time to being a wannabe comedian why don’t you actually try playing the game.
I can guarantee that you’ll encounter at least one blade & you can run all you like.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ok made it to act 2. Think I did everything. Did my first VK but only got a result after 3 retries.

Also I forgot how hard the shooting range is on hard mode lol. Still managed to get a score of 50 though putting me in second place below Crystal. What score did you all get? And am I the only one playing on hard?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i didnt do any VK at day1, really, but i wonder did you all retire Zuben? or any had a different approach!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I retired Zuben. I got a 60 on the shooting gallery on easy. I have completed Act 1.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ask this because i let em live, i withdrawn my gun (up in that corridor) and he left (me) in peace, as i did (aswell). not the most common approach, i know, but i am looking for a certain ending.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

chrissie - 18 July 2019 09:59 AM

Rather than devoting your time to being a wannabe comedian why don’t you actually try playing the game.
I can guarantee that you’ll encounter at least one blade & you can run all you like.

Very well, I will hold you to that.
But… if I don’t get my blades and running I will be putting forth a motion to impeach CPT #54 on the basis of false advertising.

Sarcastic

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I retired Zuben on the apartment rooftops because I stopped to chat with the bum in Chinatown lol.

In my last playthrough I sided with the reps and spared everyone so this time I’m going for the other approach and doing my job.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top