• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I finished the game.

I enjoyed it. It’s an old fashioned P&C with some weird inventory puzzles. Some with moon logic combinations (like the Rat puzzle) and some that require you to be of a certain age. (i.e how to rewind a cassette tape).

Sure the games visuals and puns can be juvenile and sexist with sex toys and penis shaped buildings, but there are enough homages and easter eggs to keep fans happy. The man out of time story is ok, seeing him trying to get to grip with modern tech and dating apps. The voice work is generally great across the board.

My biggest criticism is that there is a lot of back tracking all over the place. For someone who has no money in the game he sure Uunters a lot.

It’s a fun game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Man, I am having a hard time believing this is good… we had so many ‘revivals’ which sucked mostly and LSL had what 3 games since Love For sale which were mega bad so… i dunno if its worth the risk..

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 17 November 2018 11:43 PM

Man, I am having a hard time believing this is good… we had so many ‘revivals’ which sucked mostly and LSL had what 3 games since Love For sale which were mega bad so… i dunno if its worth the risk..

I’d say it is. I went in game with low expectations, planning to refund a game if it wouldn’t grab me after 1 hour. It did. It really feels like good old Larry. It’s fun, it’s humorous and it’s just nice to play. It just works.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

Egon - 18 November 2018 04:47 AM

if it wouldn’t grab me after 1 hour. It did.

I hope it was consensual. Wink

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It does look like the general opinion is that Wet Dreams is against all odds a decent game and a good entry to the series. The player feedback seems to be positive as are the handful of reviews on sites that have bothered with the game.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I never followed this thread as it was forming and wow, reading the first few pages made me start to cringe.  Anyways lol, I don’t get why everyone was so convinced this was going to be a terrible game?  From the minute I heard about it and saw it I was intrigued and it looked genuinely great!  After finally getting it and playing it I have to say it is a success in just about every way. The humor is still there and evokes nostalgia. The graphics are awesome and the modernization totally works imo.  I’m just reallyh surprised at the first few threads and even some of these later comments where people are still wanting to shit on it.  Just try it if you haven’t it is a success Grin

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

syn - 18 November 2018 04:22 PM

Anyways lol, I don’t get why everyone was so convinced this was going to be a terrible game?

Germans + humor has never been a particularly agreeable combination in games, up until now.

I could give examples, but I’ll assume you know what I mean.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 19 November 2018 02:01 AM

Germans + humor has never been a particularly agreeable combination in games, up until now.

Good thing you said “in games”, otherwise I’d have posted another Henning Wehn clip to prove that Germans and humour can indeed be a good combination. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

And I was very happy about the “up until now” part. Thanks! Grin

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I could give examples, but I’ll assume you know what I mean.

Nein, don’t assume that. Give those examples, bitte.

Deponia is overall a very funny series, even though personally I would cut out a couple of gags. Verschollen auf Lost Island has one of the funniest puzzle sequences ever, even though the game otherwise isn’t the greatest ever.

I’m sure there are some amusing moments in Maniac Mansion Mania fan series too, as there are almost 100 games made already.

http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php/de/

And so on.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay then let’s amend that - Germans + humor in English has never been an agreeable combination.

The Deponia series is a prime example. I’m sure the German versions are funny but that’s off-topic.

I’m not saying it’s universally applicable - I found Edna & Harvey and both Book of Unwritten Tales pretty amusing - but I don’t blame people for being skeptical about a young German team replicating Al Lowe’s comedy abilities.

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

Oscar - 19 November 2018 05:16 AM

a young German team replicating Al Lowe’s comedy abilities.

I’m 44. Most of the team is around 30. Grin

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 19 November 2018 03:39 AM

Good thing you said “in games”, otherwise I’d have posted another Henning Wehn clip to prove that Germans and humour can indeed be a good combination. Grin

Him being funny is probably why they exiled him to England.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 November 2018 05:55 AM

Him being funny is probably why they exiled him to England.

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Yay! Managed to get one of these limited edition big boxes to myself Tongue

Image Attachments

Wet_Dreams_Dont_Dry_3.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top