• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Undefined

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Aha!, didnt see this fine lady, thanks Joblo for the effort

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I haven’t really kept up with this, but out of curiosity I decided to watch the “Making of” videos and I must say now I am intrigued.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sir Beardalot - 14 October 2018 12:01 PM

I haven’t really kept up with this, but out of curiosity I decided to watch the “Making of” videos and I must say now I am intrigued.

thats awesome, always happy to see ppl appreciate this IP in general, but the fact that we seem to not giving it much attention that’s Crazy Bunch were behind the magnificent Anna’s Quest, so i wouldn’t expect anything thing but quality from them whether it is LSL or any other game.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

Yeah, it’s nice to see it’s being made by people who respect the source material. I haven’t played the Larry Lovage games but the don’t seem to be liked?

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I just can’t take the game seriously with it’s current subtitle. Where’s the subtelty and clever innuendo that Al used to be so good at?  This is just plain lewd

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I had a dream this morning that dinosaurs had returned and there was a group of baby raptors sitting under a big tree down my street. In the dream, I lamented that “wow everything is coming back in 2018 - Spyro, Sonic, Larry and dinosaurs! What’s next, resurrecting MJ?”

It just occurred to me that this might be my subconscious telling me that I’m the dinosaur still clamouring for the totems of my past while lacking enthusiasm for the new. Anyway, I look forward to this release! It’s right around the corner and the gameplay trailer has renewed my enthusiasm. Might never really gel with that art style but hearing Jan Rabson again is such a treat and the Germans look like they’re having fun, which is the main thing.

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

No love for Larry? Just started playing it and it’s surprisingly good so far.
I like it much, much more than Reloaded. That one felt boring & outdated, trying to follow the original (that didn’t age too well) too closely.

Wet Dreams Don’t Dry feels fresh and while the story sounds so cliche it hurts, it actually works in Larry’s universe. It’s also surprisingly close to original as far as writing goes, without feeling like a rehash.

After all the negativity that CrazyBunch received, I must say, hats off to them for bringing out the first solid, entertaining Larry game after the Larry7.

p.s. I don’t think MCL was all that bad. But I don’t count that one as a true Larry game anyway… it’s a spin off.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I have heard lots of good things about new Larry so I`m definitely going to play it! Already bought the limited big box edition and I`m going to buy another copy from steam later, but I don`t have time to play it before Christmas Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Astonishing, those crazy bunch must have had a lot of late red bedtime stories.

An age validation i failed once at start, not using the original score is a blessing. nightmares, man, its been in my head my since it was my first adventure, same as Larry Laughing, Haven’t been much thru, but i am playing a classic adventure with even fresher Art than Anna’s Quest, and most of all the voiceovers just sets the tone and thewhole thing just right!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

That age validation quiz is crazy - I got one that required me to know German politics.

All I know about German politics is that you’ve got the woman now and the angry little man with the moustache a long time ago.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

tea_tree - 13 November 2018 03:13 AM

That age validation quiz is crazy - I got one that required me to know German politics.

All I know about German politics is that you’ve got the woman now and the angry little man with the moustache a long time ago.

Imagine you’re a 14 year old in Germany in 1988.

Imagine you want to play Leisure Suit Larry, but it throws questions about baseball and TV shows from America’s 50s at you.

Imagine there is no internet to look up the answers.

Well ... Grin

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Grin

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

DJLoeff - 14 November 2018 09:20 AM
tea_tree - 13 November 2018 03:13 AM

Imagine you’re a 14 year old in Germany in 1988.

Imagine you want to play Leisure Suit Larry, but it throws questions about baseball and TV shows from America’s 50s at you.

Imagine there is no internet to look up the answers.

Well ... Grin

Haha, brilliant.

I still remember trying to pass those at about the same age.  It’s a good thing you could restart the game and try as many times as necessary or I never would’ve gotten in.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

Detective Mosely - 14 November 2018 10:51 PM

I still remember trying to pass those at about the same age.  It’s a good thing you could restart the game and try as many times as necessary or I never would’ve gotten in.

And isn’t it a good thing that we have a skip button in the upper right corner that no one seems to find?  Innocent

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Will Ctrl-Alt-X skip it as well, like in the original game? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top