• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I wouldn’t equate a developer’s desire to do their own thing with a lack of respect for the source material. That’s always the delicate balancing act of a reboot: simply rehash everything people are already used to and it comes off as nothing more than a derivative clone. Ignore too much of what made the franchise popular and you run the risk of alienating existing fans.

Assuming there IS respect for the source material, personally I’d prefer to see a developer pursue their own vision than simply try to mimic the same old thing.

Bringing Rabson in from the start probably would have helped establish a nice middle ground between old and new. Bear in mind, though, that he’s now 22 years older than he was for LSL7. I’m sure he hasn’t lost his acting ability, but his voice won’t be the same as it was then. He’s nearly a senior citizen now. Gasp

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

That’s good news! The two things that annoyed me the most in the trailer were the ubiquitous phalli in the background and Larry’s twangy voice, so, that’s one problem solved, one to go (not raising my hopes too high on this one, though).

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jackal - 11 October 2018 12:38 PM

I’m sure he hasn’t lost his acting ability, but his voice won’t be the same as it was then. He’s nearly a senior citizen now. Gasp

Careful! We wouldn’t want to disparage the seniors on the forum. We make up about half the membership. Naughty

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s not disparaging at all. People’s voices change when they get older. That’s just a fact, and it’s going to be harder for Rabson to pull off the same voice as he did in his 40s.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 11 October 2018 11:03 PM

It’s not disparaging at all. People’s voices change when they get older. That’s just a fact, and it’s going to be harder for Rabson to pull off the same voice as he did in his 40s.

add to, the looking young Larry.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I wouldn’t worry as professional voice actors usually take great care of their voices. But since it’s clearly the same old Larry now, maybe they can change his looks back? Or at least his sense of humor by bringing a professional comedy writer on board, like Josh Mandel, for example…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I doubt there will be a change on art assets, as doing that would propably be out of scope for their budget and would delay the game release quite considerably, it is a 2d game after all, so they can’t just swap the model and reuse the old animations.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Interplay’s Star Trek games had some voice issues, somehow all the actors managed to sound over 100 years old, and they didn’t even attempt to act, they were simply reading lines out loud.

At the same time they had modeled the characters more muscular than they ever were in the TV series, which created a very bizarre experience.

They are still great games though, and it’s great that the original cast is there.  Grin
If these aren’t on everyone’s Top 100 list, then that list is worth nothing really… 

Tongue

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Sorry collectors, Germans only:

#LeisureSuitLarry - #WetDreamsDontDry: BIG-BOX-EDITION! Am 7. November erscheint neben der normalen Edition zu einem empfohlenen VK von 29,99 Euro auch die auf 1.000 Stück limitierte Big-Box-Edition (empfohlener VK 49,99 Euro) im deutschsprachigen Handel. #LarryLaffer

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

You germans keep everything nice to yourself Grin Is there any german, who is willing to send one to me? I would reward your valiant effort!

Nice and somehow familiar box cover btw Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 12 October 2018 07:23 AM

A Cypir Sniff would ve een cool 4abb3cf6eaac9d352dea9925a013c6c8

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Ahenobarbus - 12 October 2018 09:37 AM

You germans keep everything nice to yourself Grin Is there any german, who is willing to send one to me? I would reward your valiant effort!

Nice and somehow familiar box cover btw Smile

Looks like we’ll paying a mint for this off eBay. Hopefully an German outlet ships internationally.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well the translation of the post says that we non-Euro people will be paying the equivalent of $35 US for this game. If we can get it. And it is voiced for an English speaking audience. I don’t find the price objectionable. But sure wish I knew more about the game. I need more to justify a buying decision.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

if the writing is gonna be good i guess there are hundreds of situations that can really absorb great FutursticXSex puns

it was wondering since i have seen quite a number of screenshot of it til no, is this game gonna Black free? i mean i havent seen any African characters or is it a German thing

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Here Advie;

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top