• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Adventure Game Challenge

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

The Adventure Game Challenge is back for the 3rd year. Make an adventure game in 2 weeks, and promote adventure game development.

https://itch.io/jam/103-adventure-game-challenge

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I think making it in 2 weeks only demotes adventure gaming.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Gabe - 30 August 2019 04:42 AM

I think making it in 2 weeks only demotes adventure gaming.

Not really, if you have in mind that the goal of such jams are freedom, experimentation, highly concentrated burst of creativity and making new social contacts among the adventure game dev scene. I’ve witnessed marvelous adventure gems done in various game jams in less than 48 hours. They may lack the appropriate length and polish for a marketable game, but perfectly fit what they are supposed to be: sketches, prototypes or ideas that may result in developing them into a full-fledged game.

On a side note, here are the results from another two-week adventure game jam that was held last month. I still haven’t tried any of the games but some of them seem worth checking out: http://jams.gamejolt.io/advjam2019/games

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Absolutely what badlemon said. The idea of a jam is not to produce full length polished commercially viable games. Instead it encourages innovation, experimentation, and creative freedom. Jams do a whole lot to achieve progress by giving game developers a short window with artificial constraints such as time constraints, thematic constraints, etc.

Constraints are well known to spur on creativity and innovation. In the end, you have something that you can look at and decide if it’s worth developing further or pulling ideas from for other games, or maybe just scrapping without having lost too much and now you know better what doesn’t work. There are many successful games that started as jam games.

Yes, the jam badlemon linked to is also a good one. I usually take part in that one every year, but was too busy with my upcoming release to do so this year.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Allright then,as long as they for developing but not for playing.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Unfortunately I have no time Frown I have to continue working on my own game Meh

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabe - 31 August 2019 04:09 AM

Allright then,as long as they for developing but not for playing.

They’re free to play Gabe, don’t take too long & sometimes some of them are pretty good. 
Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top