• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-03-26

PM

I really enjoyed this Larry game, sure it wasn’t perfect, but thoroughly enjoyable! Hopefully it was succesfull enough for a sequel! Smile

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

I really appreciate they got the original voice actor. Making Simon the sorcerer American was criminal, seriously whoever had that idea should be keelhauled.

My main issue with the game which is the same issue I had with Simon is that the humour is too different. They don’t appreciate how difficult comedy is. I imagine them thinking how hard can it be, my mom thinks I’m really funny.

It really makes me appreciate telltales cause I feel like they really nailed it with Sam n max and monkey Island, they were maybe to easy but the humor was exactly the same. End of rant Smile

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

That being said Lsl wet dreams and Simon 4,5 kind of feel like watching Indy Jones crystal skull. Like damn there goes my happy childhood memories, makes you pray for amnesia.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Finished the game. Liked it. A very funny story. Much better than Reloaded. Good reboot of the series.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

Jon_wachter - 20 August 2019 09:11 AM

My main issue with the game which is the same issue I had with Simon is that the humour is too different. They don’t appreciate how difficult comedy is. I imagine them thinking how hard can it be, my mom thinks I’m really funny.

I agree. I got behind the flash graphics and the low budget and had fun but the humor was definitely not close to the standards of the series. I honestly don’t get why they didn’t ask Al Lowe for at least some advice, it feels like a lost opportunity.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Yes or if not Al Lowe why not ask the voice actor of Larry, he’s done enough games he should know the humour by now. Instead they jam it full of pop culture references which is the lazy man’s comedy.

It’s also possible they thought they could write it in German first thinking jokes always translates perfectly, nothing to worry about. What you’re left with is something even the simpsons writers would cringe at.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

This game just got some dlc that is free. Some type of epilogue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top