• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahenobarbus - 19 November 2018 01:12 PM

Yay! Managed to get one of these limited edition big boxes to myself Tongue

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

It`s mine!!  Grin

Image Attachments

my-precious.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Mine is coming in the mail. Buy it from the German Amazon site and use a mail forwarding service.

Here’s the Amazon page:
https://www.amazon.de/Leisure-Suit-Larry-Limitierte-Big-Box/dp/B07K6L5FDF

I used Mailboxde as the forwarding service.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2004-02-26

PM

Just wanted to thank the devs. I found it a really lovely game that is in the sweet spot between the design and mood of a Larry 3/Larry 6 game and a parody of the Silicon Valley way of life that I didn’t know I needed that hard.

Also, shed a tear during the wedding. Is this the first videogame ever to have a gay marriage?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I didn’t know whether to post this here or in the other thread Adventure Game Confessions! Laughing

I just bought this game on impulse & started playing. For sure it includes here & there a few really gross parts but otherwise I was so pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be such a very good, funny & engaging adventure game - it was certainly a lot more palatable than the latest edition of the women’s magazine Cosmopolitan (which I gave up buying many years ago!)

Are the other games in the series as good bearing in mind that I didn’t actually find this game in the least bit sexist?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I recommend giving Love for Sail a spin. It is, in my opinion, the best game in the series. It also is a tremendously good adventure in its own right with a clever interface that mixes parser and cursors.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I agree that Love for Sail is one of the best. I also enjoyed Shape up or Slip Out, aka Larry 6. Haven’t played the current one yet. Despite my initial misgivings it seems to getting excellent reviews from multiple sources.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

chrissie - 22 November 2018 12:56 PM

Are the other games in the series as good bearing in mind that I didn’t actually find this game in the least bit sexist?

Keep in mind that I haven’t played the games for a very long time, but I remember LSL6: Shape Up or Slip Out actually being a very good game.  It takes place in just one big resort with tons of different rooms, and I remember enjoying that aspect of it.  It felt more interesting to me than traveling around to tons of different locations.

And Larry is almost always the butt of the jokes, not the women, so I don’t remember it being too sexist or anything like that.  It’s more immature than sexist.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the recommendations guys.  Thumbs Up
I’ve got a boxed set I bought years ago but it’s probably easier to get them as downloads & they’re very cheap!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Shape Up or Slip Out is actually a good starting point, as it doesn’t require any prior knowledge of the previous games. Love for Sail starts exactly from where Shape Up ends but doesn’t need any other connection point for the rest of the game.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Larry 6 is probably my favourite in the series.  Really fun setting and puzzles

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2018-06-13

PM

Phteven all the way!

Loved this one, from beginning to end!

Currently working on The Graveyard Union: https://www.regzig-games.com

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Larry 7 has aged the best. Great UI, no deaths or fail states and aesthetically appealing. A quality production all around.

However, Larry 6 is the flagship title in this series for me. Funny, kitschy and garish. It will also help bridge the gap to the earlier games if you want to try them later on.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, it seems that the game will be finally translated into Spanish, French and Italian:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/765870/discussions/0/1743354432806449128/

Bravo for the developers!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just got it on IOS, great game. Reminds me of the classic LSL games. I do hope we see more in the series. After I finish this one I am going to replay Reloaded again and compare them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top