• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stinky food

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Egg sandwiches.

Seriously.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lol! My roommate just offered me some yoghurt with pieces of fruit in it, made by his wife. When he poured it in my beaker we already saw that there was something weird about it. It also smelt funny. When we tasted it we spat it out as fast as we could. That stuff was so bad! I still have the aftertaste in my mouth.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

You should try some Surströmming then. I hear you have to eat it outdoors because it smells so much.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

If that’s what I think it is, my friend’s parents had bought a pack of it from Sweden or something, and immediately as they opened it all the flies in the area came buzzing around it Tongue

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Talking about flies: my brother brought me some Golden Syrup from Aberdeen last week. It has this brilliant logo of a dead lion with flies buzzing around it:

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Nothing makes you lust for syrup like the image of a dead, rotting lion.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Intense Degree - 24 August 2012 12:02 PM

Egg sandwiches.

Seriously.

Unless you make your egg sandwiches in a different way than I do mine, I don’t see the stinky part of it.  The after-effects can clear a room, sure, but the egg sandwich itself has little to no smell at all. 

Similar but even worse, I love pickled eggs which smell strongly of vinegar before you eat them and have after-effects that will cause one’s roommates to banish one outdoors for the next 24 hours.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 25 August 2012 12:45 AM

Talking about flies: my brother brought me some Golden Syrup from Aberdeen last week. It has this brilliant logo of a dead lion with flies buzzing around it:

I think they are supposed to be Bees not flies.  Meh

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Around the lion are the words: “out of the strong came forth sweetness” so you may be right. I’ve never really tasted flies.

But what do bees have to do with dead lions?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 25 August 2012 07:40 AM

Around the lion are the words: “out of the strong came forth sweetness” so you may be right. I’ve never really tasted flies.

But what do bees have to do with dead lions?

Seemingly it’s a bible quote

New International Version (©1984)
Some time later, when he went back to marry her, he turned aside to look at the lion’s carcass. In it was a swarm of bees and some honey,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Later, when he returned to Timnah for the wedding, he turned off the path to look at the carcass of the lion. And he found that a swarm of bees had made some honey in the carcass.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yes, I looked it up on the manufacturer’s website. You’re right, that’s the story behind it.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Sage - 25 August 2012 03:28 AM
Intense Degree - 24 August 2012 12:02 PM

Egg sandwiches.

Seriously.

Unless you make your egg sandwiches in a different way than I do mine, I don’t see the stinky part of it.  The after-effects can clear a room, sure, but the egg sandwich itself has little to no smell

Well the egg sandwiches in question weren’t mine but they did make the office stink of egg! The after effects are, of course, much worse!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There is nothing Compares to KOSHARY, it is a famous Meal (Formula) here that has Rice, Macaroni, Noddles, Crispy Onions,Plus Garlic and Tomato Sauce (ALL Together).

Ok please dont start Puking now! just hold on Tongue

All that with less than 40 US Cents… you can imagine, People Die from this meal Literally! or at least get Poisoned and go for a stomach Cleaning in a hospital.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Durian (not sure of the spelling) the fruit that will make you vommit.

Everyone takes a road less traveled, not knowing all will lead to the path

Kindly visit if you have time. Click Me!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Lucien21 - 24 August 2012 01:09 PM

You should try some Surströmming then. I hear you have to eat it outdoors because it smells so much.

That’s true. It’s fermented herring and is indeed the stinkiest food I’ve ever experienced.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Jelena - 28 August 2012 01:24 PM
Lucien21 - 24 August 2012 01:09 PM

That’s true. It’s fermented herring and is indeed the stinkiest food I’ve ever experienced.

Like regular herring isn’t stinky enough as it is?  I’ve got to wonder what brave soul hidden in the mists of the past opened a container of herring that had fermented and said “I don’t care what it smells like, I’m gonna eat it anyway!” and lived to tell the tale.  No doubt his buddies hailed him as “Da Man” due to his ability to ignore his natural self-preservation instincts and eat fish that had obviously gone bad, but I’ve also got to wonder how long he lived if his policy of eating food regardless of how bad it smelled extended to other dishes.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top