• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Milkmaid of the Milky Way coming to Nintendo Switch

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-11-15

PM

Hi adventurers!

My charming little adventure game Milkmaid of the Milky Way is on its way to the Nintendo Switch, arriving on August 22nd in Europe, US/Canada and Australia/NZ. The game came out originally on iOS and PC in 2017 and went on to win Game of the Year in Norway last year, whilst also being nominated for many international awards since its release.

It’s been a challenge making a Switch version, but it plays really well either with Joy-Cons or the touch screen. I don’t believe there are too many point’n'clicks on the e-Store, so hopefully people will check it out if they enjoy 90s style adventure games Smile

The game will cost around U$ 6 and comes with English, French and Norwegian languages, all in rhyme!

Video Trailer:

Nintendo Store Page:
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Milkmaid-of-the-Milky-Way-1616939.html

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2015-03-02

PM

Congratulations!

Was it hard getting the game in the Switch e-store? I heard it’s kind of a pain as an indie dev.

Joined 2015-11-15

PM

minhta - 10 August 2019 04:41 AM

Congratulations!

Was it hard getting the game in the Switch e-store? I heard it’s kind of a pain as an indie dev.

It’s been great working with Nintendo, but yes, it is difficult to release a console game Smile
There are lots of technical challenges and details that must be addressed, so in general it is a bit more complicated than releasing for phone or PC.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Good to see the Switch getting tons of games like this one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

minhta - 10 August 2019 04:41 AM

Congratulations!

This game’s in three languages, all with rhyming words -
Machineboy’s idea of ‘hard’ might be quite absurd Smile

I completed it yesterday on my PC
and it gave a lot of enjoyment to me!

(with one exception - I didn’t like being mean to the frog)

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Awesome!

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Joined 2015-11-15

PM

The game should be out now, hooray! Really happy that Gamereactor in Norway gave the Switch version 8/10 and did the whole review in rhyme Smile

https://www.gamereactor.no/milkmaid-of-the-milky-way-switch/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top