• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone aka Broken sword 6.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-01-06

PM

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/cultura/europacreativaandalucia/parzivals-stone-vr/

Now, ‘Broken Sword 6: Parzival’s Stone VR’ brings the classic genre to a whole new dimension.The first Broken Sword adventure to be designed as a VR experience , Parzival’s Stone is a true evolution in adventure gaming.The player will be right there in VR with their trusty heroes George and Nico as they travel on their latest epic quest through Europe – unravelling arcane plots, facing off against sinister villains, and solving fiendish puzzles in a tale driven by history, conspiracy, myth, power, greed… and particle physics.

announcment

Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone, the sixth chapter in the Broken Sword series, is currently in development for console, PC, and mobile. This game uses a new “super 2D” approach that applies hand drawn backgrounds to 3D geometry, and reunites series stars George and Nico for a new conspiracy that involves Nazi treasure hunters, medieval histories, and quantum physics.

https://www.ign.com/articles/brand-new-broken-sword-game-announced-alongside-remaster-of-first-game-gamescom-2023

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wow i hate vr oh well i guess Sick

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Great news!

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Wow a double whammy. First an open world developed for console Beneath a Still Sky, and now VR Broken Sword. What is the world coming to?

Jdawg445 - 26 March 2019 10:32 AM

With any luck they’ll have a non-VR version.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh. Console BASS sounds pretty awesome, but VR Broken Sword… Does this mean it will go all 3D again? That’s not a good thing in my book. Broken Sword could only exist as 2D (or pseudo 2D like the 5th part, doesn’t matter).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Terrible news. I guess I’ll just finish Broken Sword 4 that I left off 10 years ago.  Crazy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SpeedBo - 26 March 2019 12:38 PM

If they’ll want to actually have some decent sales, they’ll have to have one.

I still think VR is just going to be a fad. Nothing more than a fart in a bottle.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Wouldn’t that depend on what kind of an experience it will be? If they do it a proper VR thing, then making a non-VR version of it makes very little sense, especially if it is about the experience first and foremost rather than actual gameplay. I’ve tried several different kinds of VR experiences and the ones that make the most sense are the ones that aim for some kind of an experience, like a walk in a dinosaur park or some extreme rollercoaster ride. Really, one of the most interesting VR experiences I’ve had wasn’t a game at all, but a Cirque Du Soleil 360 performance, where you can look where ever you want and always see something interesting.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-03-26

PM

Oh my god, are you shitting me?! First the horrible BASS news, and now this.. oh well. I guess I’ll check’em out, but I really just want traditional adventure games.. I didn’t think Broken Sword would go experimental on us, after a great 5th entry. Let’s hope for an awesome no. 7. Tongue

Ps. I loved Techno Babylon, and the sequel is also going 3d.. maybe it’s a trend right now?! Hopefully it’ll die.. again.. and we’ll go back to handpainted, pixelated, beautifully crafted graphics.. until then..

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

At least whoever wrote that description has some sense of humour…

“The game will be viewed as a ‘must buy’ VR title by Revolution’s existing hardcore fans”  Tongue

If this news is real, what I am mostly surprised about it is that it has that number 6 on it. If they did some experiment called “Broken Sword: VR experience” I think it wouldn’t be such an issue, just a spin-off experiment.

But if they actually make it an official sequel, and if it’s one of those games that actually require some VR device, then most “hardcore fans” will never play it, because most of them just don’t have such gadgets.

I have hundreds of adventure games, but zero VR devices, and no intention of ever buying one.

I still refuse to believe that this news is real, or that the news article is telling the whole story. I could believe that they are doing BS6, and there will be one version of it that is made for VR. Otherwise they are making the most stupid decision a company could ever make, to make their game so unattractive that most people don’t even see any motivation to pirate it, not to mention actually pay some money for it.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

TimovieMan - 26 March 2019 04:23 PM

I still think VR is just going to be a fad. Nothing more than a fart in a bottle.

VR is so not gonna be a fad. I think adventure fans should really look forward to VR. Classic adventures, along with RPGs, are one of the most enjoyable genres in VR. Being in the environment while naturally solving puzzles with your hands is just amazing.

VR is just not yet at the point where it would be able to enter the mass market- the experience itself is good enough already (from the technical standpoint). But HMDs will have to become much smaller, lighter and comfortable in general, so that you’ll be able to forget you are even wearing something.

It seems VR will be a huge part of PS5, so my bet is, we might start seeing a bigger adoption in next 2-3 years (Sony already sold over 4 millions of PSVR for PS4, which is quite an achievement).

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

Egon - 27 March 2019 04:16 AM
TimovieMan - 26 March 2019 04:23 PM

VR is so not gonna be a fad. I think adventure fans should really look forward to VR. Classic adventures, along with RPGs, are one of the most enjoyable genres in VR. Being in the environment while naturally solving puzzles with your hands is just amazing.

I can’t agree. You are not in the environment, and you know you are not in it. You would have to be a mental patient to think you were in the environment.

So what VR does is cover your entire field of vision with unreality. That’s not something I want. It sounds nauseating.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hmmm, as someone who has presumably been immersed in a 2.5D environment numerous times that seems a very strange statement.

Have you tried it?  It’s just the next level of immersion.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Can someone explain what this site is exactly? I’m not seeing any mention of this announcement on Revolution’s twitter or website.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-03-26

PM

PlanetX - 27 March 2019 09:52 AM

Can someone suggest best golf rangefinders and what this site is exactly? I’m not seeing any mention of this announcement on Revolution’s twitter or website.

I’m certainly looking forward to VR in games like Broken Sword. I think adventure games and VR will go so well together in the future. The only problem right now is that VR is still in its infancy.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

my son has ps4 vr and I hate it literally makes me feel sick

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top