• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Let’s not talk about England, they suck and have been sucking for the last 50 years Smile

Let’s talk about Greece and how they produced the worst game in the World Cup with all locked defense and resorting to fouls to stop the struggling Japan to a 0-0… Disgrace! (Yes, I’m still sore about Euro 2004 Smile )

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 20 June 2014 12:02 PM

Let’s not talk about England, they suck and have been sucking for the last 50 years Smile

48 years. They won the World Cup in ‘66. Wink

wilco - 20 June 2014 12:02 PM

Disgrace! (Yes, I’m still sore about Euro 2004 Smile )

I can’t believe they’re still playing like that despite no longer having any fast counter-attackers. Ugly, UGLY football.

Edit: and in other news: who said Costa Rica was the weakest team in this group? They’re a goal up against Italy, and deservedly so! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So same pattern , Country with famous league got pwned.

Now Suarez/Cavani performance gonna decide who will qualify next.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

First time in history that England are out after just 2 games.

Italy were poor tonight.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s incredible how CONCACAF & South America teams dominate this tournament so far (but I won’t be surprised if European team wins it after all Grin). Uruguay now needs to beat Italy, or win against England is worth nothing.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 20 June 2014 02:07 PM

It’s incredible how CONCACAF & South America teams dominate this tournament so far (but I won’t be surprised if European team wins it after all Grin). Uruguay now needs to beat Italy, or win against England is worth nothing.

It was more like Suarez symbolic achievement , i still am not sure if Uruguay is even
serious about making it to quarters.

Home turf , familiarity with grounds, more Home Fans and weather maybe other factors
benefiting SouthAmericans.
Italy was super exhausted today, like weather was taking toll on them.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Costa Rica!!!!

Winning this group in 2 games!They will play England with the reserves! Grin
Italy-Uruguay will be intense.

nomadsoul - 20 June 2014 02:26 PM

It was more like Suarez symbolic achievement , i still am not sure if Uruguay is even
serious about making it to quarters.

Home turf , familiarity with grounds, more Home Fans and weather maybe other factors
benefiting SouthAmericans.
Italy was super exhausted today, like weather was taking toll on them.

Spain and England going home after 2 games. Please save Portugal a seat on the plane. We’ll be right there shortly… Frown
I agree, hot weather and high humidity might play a part, some players look exhausted.
I think I heard that an european team never won a world cup in south america

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 20 June 2014 02:01 PM

No worries. Germany will pwn Ghana. Cool

It’s incredible how CONCACAF & South America teams dominate this tournament so far (but I won’t be surprised if European team wins it after all Grin).

“Home” advantage. No non-South American team has ever won a World Cup that was hosted in an American country.
But there’s a first for everything. My money’s on Germany.

wilco - 20 June 2014 03:04 PM

Costa Rica!!!!

When tied, the goal difference comes before the countries’ result. If Costa Rica loses by two goals, and Italy wins by two (or Uruguay by three), they’re second, not first.

Spain and England going home after 2 games. Please save Portugal a seat on the plane. We’ll be right there shortly… Frown

England always wanted to be as good as Spain. Now they are!  Naughty

Edit: despite that horrible penalty and even worse rebound, France is steamrolling over Switzerland. Didn’t expect that. Without Ribéry. Maybe Argentina and Portugal should try and play without Messi and Ronaldo. Could yield better results. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Amazing energy and footwork by France. Grin

Felt sorry for those Swiss fans with Swiss cheese hats.

At this rate this will turn out to be the best Worldcup.

Edit:

TimovieMan - 20 June 2014 03:42 PM
nomadsoul - 20 June 2014 02:01 PM

No worries. Germany will pwn Ghana. Cool

French broke the pattern first Tongue

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Italy always does this, they have a pattern of losing to the underdog. Not that CR isn’t good, but it’s clear they are much smaller “football country”. Of course, they have often made it difficult for themselves in the “little” games but then prevailed in the difficult game. Hope it works this time too.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was wondering why the French didn’t start with Griezmann. He was their best player (bar Benzema) against Honduras. But the way they’re playing now, the trainer’s right.

France is already better than expected. If they improve further, they’ll be the top contender in two years (and with the home advantage)!

UPtimist - 20 June 2014 03:59 PM

Italy always does this, they have a pattern of losing to the underdog. Not that CR isn’t good, but it’s clear they are much smaller “football country”. Of course, they have often made it difficult for themselves in the “little” games but then prevailed in the difficult game. Hope it works this time too.

The key to beating Italy is keeping Pirlo out of the match. Costa Rica did just that.
And that foul on Joel Campbell (surely he’ll finally get his work permit for Arsenal now?) was supposed to be a penalty and a red card.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 June 2014 03:42 PM

Costa Rica!!!!

When tied, the goal difference comes before the countries’ result. If Costa Rica loses by two goals, and Italy wins by two (or Uruguay by three), they’re second, not first.

Hmm,I was wrong, I thought result in direct confrontation was the tiebreaker first, goal difference first is kind of unfair, but still, I doubt that Italy beats Uruguay by two goals.

nomadsoul - 20 June 2014 03:54 PM

French broke the pattern first Tongue

Doesn’t count, french league is bad Smile

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 20 June 2014 04:11 PM

Hmm,I was wrong, I thought result in direct confrontation was the tiebreaker first, goal difference first is kind of unfair, but still, I doubt that Italy beats Uruguay by two goals.

It’s always been the goal difference.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 20 June 2014 04:18 PM

But I agree with wilco that the tied teams’ results should come before the goal difference. It’s more fair that way.
Then again, FIFA isn’t exactly known for being fair. Grin Naughty

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 20 June 2014 04:18 PM
wilco - 20 June 2014 04:11 PM

Not in all tournaments. I was mixing up.

France is destroying Switzerland and keeps going for more

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top