• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That’s an awesome goal by Ibrahimovic!

Last weekend we saw this goal in the Belgian First Division. World class goal too, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Mexes topped Ibrahimovic’s goal Grin (in Anderlecht - Milan)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Likely to be the result, but never write off the two Spanish teams until the second leg is over.

Real at least have an away goal.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Too bad that the Real didnt make it ,when they were really close to Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

World Cup time.

Blooming hell didn’t see this one coming,but the Dutch are running rings round the Spanish at the moment.

Cracking game currently 4-1 to the men in orange.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished 5-1 to Holland who tore Spain apart in the second half.

Could have beet 7 or 8 goals as they hit the bar and missed a couple of sitters. Cracking game.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Two very beautiful goals by Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben.  Cool

I loved it when Robben outran the tall Spanish guy. The Dutch were clearly fitter.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

After the penalty I thought it would be over for our team. I was hoping for a 0-0. Never expected this. Key players for me were Vlaar, for his excellent defending in the first half, and Blind for his passes on Van Persie and Robben.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Key player to me was Casillas who probably played the worst match of his life. Seriously.
I don’t get how a keeper that’s as talented as he is/was, is having the worst two seasons of his life right at the moment where he should be at his absolute best age-wise.
Put any decent in form keeper on the pitch and that same match ends 1-1 or 1-2 at the most.

Same with Brazil. Put a decent keeper between the posts for Croatia, and Brazil loses the match 0-1.

And put some decent referees on there, and Croatia wins 0-2. Also, Mexico wins 3-0 instead of 1-0, and Switzerland wouldn’t need a dramatic 93rd minute goal to win 2-1, they’d have been ahead 2-1 already.
We’re finally using goal line technology, now it’s time for the next logical step (and one that should have been implemented over a decade ago): instant replay!

Check out the picture in attachment which makes a valid point (although I wonder about the accuracy of the graphs without numbers).

Best match so far: England - Italy (which should have been a draw, imo), and I also enjoyed Chile - Australia.

Image Attachments

instant-replay.png

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 13 June 2014 05:44 PM

Two very beautiful goals by Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben.  Cool

I loved it when Robben outran the tall Spanish guy. The Dutch were clearly fitter.

Van Persie stole the show even though I’ve found Robben’s “massacre” of Spanish defense even more worthy. Grin Here’s the funny cartoon (check the rest of the series, too)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Portugal just got destroyed by Germany Frown worst world cup ever!

Not really, the games have been very entertaining, not a single draw and a great goal average.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Pepe self destructed and made it impossible to come back against a very good German side.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, Pepe is an amazing defender but has too many of these dumb red cards. What worries me is the complete lack of pace from our midfield. It’s the same team that had a great Euro 2 years ago, but showing a very inferior form.
Germany is looking great, definitely one the main contenders for the title.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top