• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG’s Rock Community

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

can i have this moment to post more Videos for Blackie Lawless(WASP)  and not sound or considered as showing off with my love and knowledge for the Guy ?, I hope so.

these songs are talking about a fictional person called Jonathan , but actually that guy is Blackie Himself ,its was ‘92 when he was at the metal scene like worshiped by his fans so it was time he decided to make this album Crimson King about his life story but it failed bad and Blackie at this point gotten   a kind of strange severe depression that held him away from the crowd ,also couldn’t write any music for more than 7 years.

and the wise Blackie Talks here (2010)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ok this not to anyone to get hold of or understand unless you were a White Lion fan , but this interview with Vito is more about the artist human side than all the successful stories you had ever heard .. a guy who quits on Music ‘91 for 15 years, and all that time he never said a word or opened his mouth as he says for sake of his Family… that word which lost its meaning but with vito he seems he had given all his glory ,fame, and money to the people he really cared about.
sorry that this is an old interview 2007 but ‘til today i never knew that he is alive , (he existed) and already made this sort of come back somewhere.. but its still effects me as it was recorded yesterday

I also read in some forums, from some fans swearing that he was serving them personally with pizza from some joint, apparently his, and when they recognized him and talked with him, he gave them free pieces of tart!

for Vito

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gregg Allman Heart Eyes Meh Damn!!

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Another day, another unusual cover: This time it’s the Gas Giants doing their distinctively Gas Giants/Gin Blossoms version of Tracey Ullman’s “They Don’t Know”-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flDetYeihA

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 08 August 2013 01:55 PM

Been listening to the new Nick Cave album “Push the Sky Away”, and all I can say is that Nick did it again.
I didn’t really know what to expect after his Grinderman side-project (actually, I NEVER know what to expect with him), but the “bat sound” struck again. This time it’s a bit more low-key and soothing yet hauntingly moody. I’m really starting to think that the man can’t make anything that’s average or below-average.

No matter what gets released in the coming months, Jubilee Street is the best song of the year, period.

You can’t be serious… can you? Terrible album, unless you like old washed up men crooning about their swinging sex lives (I personally don’t). The band isn’t even very good anymore. Nick Cave probably has a few good songs from the last decade, one or two off each album, but that’s it. I didn’t even find one on his latest. He’s finished, I think.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zifnab - 25 September 2013 08:17 PM

You can’t be serious… can you? Terrible album, unless you like old washed up men crooning about their swinging sex lives (I personally don’t). The band isn’t even very good anymore. Nick Cave probably has a few good songs from the last decade, one or two off each album, but that’s it. I didn’t even find one on his latest. He’s finished, I think.

Of course I’m serious, and obviously I disagree. Smile
While I would agree that Nocturama isn’t his best work as an album, I really think the double-album Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus was a great album, and I absolutely LOVE his latest. It’s imo the best album he’s made this past decade, and really, Jubilee Street has become one of my favourite songs of his.

And I’d disagree that the band isn’t good anymore. It’s certainly been different since Blixa Bargeld left, but not worse. And I think Nick’s voice has improved with ageing, especially in keeping a tune.

But maybe this is another point where we’d have to agree to disagree? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I like the band Seether’s music a lot, and I love the creativity they display in their videos.  For example…

Seether- Country Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMxwbn_QoU

Not my favorite song of theirs, but a frankly bizarre and entertaining video.
Seether- Truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBXkWVZD4qE

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

All right Cats and Kittens, it’s time to put on your fringed vest, turn down the lights, and let the distorted guitars transport you to the dark side of New Orleans…

Frijid Pink- House of the Rising Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40INnb6DnY

Now that you’ve had the main course, how about a little Vanilla Fudge for dessert?

Vanilla Fudge- You Keep Me Hangin’ On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2z8TpFV748

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sage - 24 November 2013 03:47 AM

All right Cats and Kittens, it’s time to put on your fringed vest, turn down the lights, and let the distorted guitars transport you to the dark side of New Orleans…

Frijid Pink- House of the Rising Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40INnb6DnY

Now that you’ve had the main course, how about a little Vanilla Fudge for dessert?

Vanilla Fudge- You Keep Me Hangin’ On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2z8TpFV748

It’s weird that the most popular version of House of the Rising Son was recorded by The Animals from Newcastle England.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Testament - Return to Serenity (Acoustic Version)

you don’t expect a Thrash Band like Testament to do that good with their unplugged songs versions.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I didn’t realize until just now how far ahead of their time the band Triumph was when they released this single in the late 70’s, as they foreshadow any number of late 80’s bands in style, both musical and appearance:

Triumph- Lay It On The Line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz26fcmq3S8

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

now we found matching point, I love Triumph too ,killing time choirs used to drive me crazy

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Advie - 12 January 2014 10:19 AM

now we found matching point, I love Triumph too

Yeah, I kinda thought you might.  Even though I liked them enough that I had a poster of them on my bedroom wall for several years, I had more or less forgotten about Triumph until I heard a few bars of one of their songs yesterday.  Looking back it seems odd that they vanished from the scene about the time their style of music became popular.

killing time choirs used to drive me crazy

I took choir in high school, hoping to improve and strengthen my singing voice with the guidance of a teacher.  It wasn’t at all what I expected and I didn’t feel like I was learning anything in the class except for the words to the world’s sappiest Christmas songs (the worst of which was It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas), so I dropped the class after one semester.

Going back to an earlier subject, one thing that struck me about the Wasp recordings you posted aside from how good the music was overall is how badly those recordings seem to have been mixed: To me, it sounded as though all the instruments were left at the same level on the control board throughout the entire song.  I can’t help but wonder if Wasp wouldn’t have seen a lot more mainstream success if they’d had a more creative or at least more experienced engineer mixing their recordings for final release.

As an example of what I consider to be a reasonably well-mixed recording of what is in it’s component parts a very simple song, I offer this “one-hit wonder” from 1979:
Sniff’n The Tears- Driver’s Seat[/URL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrHHRWKygw

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sage - 13 January 2014 02:05 AM

now we found matching point, I love Triumph too

Yeah, I kinda thought you might.  Even though I liked them enough that I had a poster of them on my bedroom wall for several years, I had more or less forgotten about Triumph until I heard a few bars of one of their songs yesterday.  Looking back it seems odd that they vanished from the scene about the time their style of music became popular.

I only had one album for them ,there was a time when I used to buy all the rock bands album’ of the 80’s mainly and 70’s , I wasn’t much into progressive and still but trying Smile , I liked also jethero tull , but my favs always was rush and crimison king.

I took choir in high school, hoping to improve and strengthen my singing voice with the guidance of a teacher.  It wasn’t at all what I expected and I didn’t feel like I was learning anything in the class except for the words to the world’s sappiest Christmas songs (the worst of which was It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas), so I dropped the class after one semester.

Smile always choir with rock sounded too fancy for my ears, there was atime when I used love Savatage’s opera metal ,something like this

Going back to an earlier subject, one thing that struck me about the Wasp recordings you posted aside from how good the music was overall is how badly those recordings seem to have been mixed: To me, it sounded as though all the instruments were left at the same level on the control board throughout the entire song.  I can’t help but wonder if Wasp wouldn’t have seen a lot more mainstream success if they’d had a more creative or at least more experienced engineer mixing their recordings for final release.

As an example of what I consider to be a reasonably well-mixed recording of what is in it’s component parts a very simple song, I offer this “one-hit wonder” from 1979:
Sniff’n The Tears- Driver’s Seat[/URL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrHHRWKygw

well I think its a matter of taste ,what you talking about seems you like raw mixes with more relaxed levels and less compressors , I mixed lots of tracks more than I can remember ,and I know how mixes changes the instrument’ recorded respective , you make the heaviest song sound so mellow if wanted ,and vise versa

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Aerosmith’s Dream On on harpsichord and violin-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9zW9KGq2w

Not bad.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top