• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Get-together 2013 - Germany

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

I am very happy you all had a good time. I was afraid that it might feel a bit boring, especially after Step’s excellent tour of Hastings, complete with letter search and all. I felt that last years meeting might have set the expectations quite high. I am glad my fears were not confirmed.

I suppose no one of you had suspected the Felsenmeer to be *QUITE* so big, right? I know I posted pictures before, but I felt they could never bring across just how enormous it is. I forget how large it is myself, as you might have noticed.

Tsa, if it is possible for me in any way, I will bring one of our Doggies to the next meeting. If it is on the mainland there are extra options for this. Smile

I am all for the next meeting to be in Scandinavia. Lena? Wink

TimovieMan - 14 August 2013 06:17 AM

Side remark:
@ Jazhara: is it possible that you guys overtook me on the highway? Or are there many other green vans like that in the area? Tongue
I just thought it was weird that I had reached the highway before you did…

I doubt that it was us. There’s a lot of these around, partly because it was one of the standard colours the model was offered in, and also because at one pointthe ministry of forestry of Hessen had made a large order of the model in that colour. Later they were sold off as used cars, so they are pretty common.

tsa - 21 August 2013 03:28 PM

The waitress in the restaurant was very interesting. It became pretty obvious after a very short time that she didn’t like us. So what se did was stand at my corner at the table and make some soft noise like ‘hmffp,’ and then I had to find out what she meant and obey her. She then looked at the next person, without moving an inch from her taken position, and LOOKED at him/her. If eyes could shout hers would be as loud as Timovieman. I had to poke Luna a few times and tell her what to do because Miss Waitress didn’t say a word. Oh yes, once she said: “Besteck” a few times, which didn’t mean that you should give her the cutlery but that you had to keep it. After dinner she was so fed up with us that she disappeared to the other end of the room and Jazzy or SickBrain had to fetch her to take up our desserts. Pretty amazing.

I am still not sure if she didn’t like us or was just one of the people whose neutral face looks very disdaining. You know, like the grandma of Tutankhamun, Queen Tiye. I think it was her large upper lip. At least her colleague didn’t seem to mind us. As we went outside I told them the food was great, and thanked them for their patience when we stayed long after the restaurant was open.

I know at least one person who always seems very gruff if you are not used to them. The owner of a local Asia store has a pretty grim neutral face, and she usually dons it with customers she doesn’t know. It doesn’t mean she doesn’t like you, only that she reserves her smiles for people she sees regularly. I’ve found that out when I came to her store for the third time. It seems she accepts me as a regular customer now.

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I was at the restaurant an hour earlier with Hanne and Mrs. Urhan, and she treated us much better then. So I keep thinking she didn’t like us. But maybe if she reads this she can answer herself? Wink

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

tsa - 21 August 2013 03:28 PM

A bit late, but I was on vacation. I have made a set on Flickr, see http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHzsA7p

oh my I love all the pictures they are wonderful. I love seeing everyone’s face…..... I know it sounds crazy but I got to hear the voices that go with the people…........ it was so much fun to watch the videos….....tsa yours made me giggle and I was a little light headed after watching from all the bumps…....teehee Laughing  I also rather enjoyed Steps poem Laughing I wish I could come, I think my deep Southern accent might be way out of sorts for y’all…....teehee but you guys still love me Heart

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

We managed to speak three languages at the same time during an evening and a day at high volume, so your Georgian accent will be no problem for us Smile

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Jazhara7 - 23 August 2013 10:05 AM

I am very happy you all had a good time. I was afraid that it might feel a bit boring, especially after Step’s excellent tour of Hastings, complete with letter search and all. I felt that last years meeting might have set the expectations quite high. I am glad my fears were not confirmed.

Don’t be silly, it was an excellent weekend. (Though you should definitely have warned us about how big Felsenmeer really was Cry That’s the closest I can get to a sweating smiley). The only thing that was missing was vehicles to push tsa under. I still think he would have enjoyed the ride down the steep hill next to the dragon museum if you’d just let me start him off on it. Naughty

I am awesome though.  Grin

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yeah, no big YELLOW school buses this time Smile. And I would have gone down that steep hill if you had shown me how Tongue.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Tsa, if it is possible for me in any way, I will bring one of our Doggies to the next meeting. If it is on the mainland there are extra options for this. Smile

We don’t live that far apart. Maybe one day we could meet somewhere in the middle. Have a drink and a look around and maybe dinner, and then go back home.

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

tsa - 23 August 2013 05:30 PM

Yeah, no big YELLOW school buses this time Smile. And I would have gone down that steep hill if you had shown me how Tongue.

Step 1 : Wheel chair to top
Step 2 : Ensure all brakes are off
Step 3 : Let go

Easy, or is that not what you had in mind?  Wink

Quest for Knowledge

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

tsa - 23 August 2013 05:09 PM

We managed to speak three languages at the same time during an evening and a day at high volume, so your Georgian accent will be no problem for us Smile

teehee I loved hearing all the different voices, we are still going to do our around the world idea, so maybe I can record my class and we can send you all a message Laughing

I think Step has figured this wheelchair and pushing tsa down the hill thing Crazy

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

stepurhan - 23 August 2013 05:42 PM
tsa - 23 August 2013 05:30 PM

Step 1 : Wheel chair to top
Step 2 : Ensure all brakes are off
Step 3 : Let go

Easy, or is that not what you had in mind?  Wink

I’d like to see you tackle that bend in the road first Tongue

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

bulldog - 23 August 2013 08:03 PM
tsa - 23 August 2013 05:09 PM

teehee I loved hearing all the different voices, we are still going to do our around the world idea, so maybe I can record my class and we can send you all a message Laughing

That would be very cool Bullsie! Maybe you can get all of us to send you a message in our different languages.

I think Step has figured this wheelchair and pushing tsa down the hill thing Crazy

Step is a terrible man who wants me dead. It looks like we’re joking but we are really arch enemies.

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Yes, our conversations typically go like this.

tsa (stroking a rabbit in a sinister way) - “So Mr Urhan, I’ve been expecting you.”
  stepurhan (looking dashing and sipping a Martini, before suddenly spitting it out as he remembers he doesn’t like Martini) - “You won’t get away with this tsa!”
  tsa - “Oh I think I will Mr Urhan” (presses switch that drops me into his cage full of attack budgies)

The trouble is, both of us have such keen adventure gaming minds, we are always able to come up with ways of thwarting each other. Usually involving improvisations based around bits of string, cat hair and rubber ducks.

Truly he is a worthy adversary.  Laughing

Quest for Knowledge

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Indeed. The world is too small for the two of us. Just wait until my new toys are delivered Mr. Urhan! Sharks with freaking lasers attached to their heads!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I am all for the next meeting to be in Scandinavia. Lena? Wink

Well, we could walk the streets of Norrköping, the town where the Carol Reed games take place. It’s quite a nice town only 40 minutes from my town Nyköping. And it’s really easy to get to Nyköping since we have the airport Stockholm/Skavsta here.  The one Ryan air uses.
(Flights from Standstead/London, Einhoven/N.L, Bergamo/Milan, Edingburgh/Scotland, Brussles/Belgium, Hamburg, Bremen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt/Germany and even some more during summer.
The questions is rather how many are prepared to go ‘all the way’ to Sweden?

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

I would! And I think I would be able to convince Uptimist to come as well.

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top