• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

England don’t look like a great team not compared to the teams the have had in previous tournament. defensively they were fine but they rode their luck against the Ukraine and should have been a draw. that was over the line.

A not the most exciting group though it was nice to see the Swedes end on high.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 19 June 2012 03:55 PM

(Edit: Well, now they actually made a goal but it wasn’t accepted, but it was really over the line)

After it was offside first. Piss-poor job by the linesmen who made TWO blatant errors in one action.

But at least that fossil Blatter has finally agreed that goal-line technology is a necessity…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m all for computer technology, but I think all that is necessary is a simple video review, the one like in NHL. In this occassion, video referee which would be seated near the pitch would simply call the main ref telling him that the ball was over the line.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It’s true we’re not a great team, and even though Italy are a long way from brilliant at the moment I think we’re going to have trouble on the weekend. I want to believe we can do it, but I think it has 1-0 Italy written all over it. Cry

Anyway, I saw this ahead of tomorrow night and couldn’t resist!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The financial markets dropped 10% with the headlines in the paper yesterday.

Greece out of the Euro

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

England go out on penalties again. They must hate them by now.

I suppose it was justice in the end as Italy dominated the game from half time onwards.

England were poor tonight.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Whew, that was quite an evening…

The bad thing about this is, though, that while Germany could play with a “secondary” line-up and has had a couple more days to recover, Italy had to play extra time with a preferred lineup and has a lot less time to recover. You can see that the players don’t recover fast enough between these games (so close to each other, it’s a bit too much, in my opinion), and that can be a massively decisive factor, in the worst scenario.

I hope Italy can pull it together though. They’ve played really well, plus I’d love Italy to do well for Pirlo’s sake if nothing else. And he has been the best player in the tournament so far, in my opinion.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well tonights game had extra time and penalties written all over it befor ethe game and it didn’t disappoint.

Portugal were the best in the first half, but Spain rallied after the break. Not a great game however Spain won the shoot out and proceed to their third consecutive major final.

I still think Germany will win the title, esp if Spain don’t improve (Or Italy shock everyone tomorrow)

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

England - Italy had 0-0 borefest written all over it, and they both delivered. Italy was the better team in the match, though, so I’m glad they won. Sucks for England and Italy to have to go to a penalty shootout, I reckon. They both have a horrible penalty track record. England’s got an even worse one now…
Loved Pirlo’s cheek in giving a Panenka-penalty. Smile

Spain - Portugal was always bound to be close-fought, but while it was a tense and suspenseful match, it had zero entertainment value. And when looking at the match itself, Portugal deserved to win.
Weird penalty series, though. What was Nani thinking when he went to get Bruno Alvez and took the penalty himself? Bruno Alvez now has a scapegoat for his missed penalty: Nani messed up his focus.
Ramos tried a Panenka as well, but it had nothing on Pirlo’s imo. And both had nothing on Panenka himself. You can’t beat the original… Tongue

Lucien21 - 27 June 2012 05:32 PM

I still think Germany will win the title, esp if Spain don’t improve (Or Italy shock everyone tomorrow)

Germany - Spain has been the *only* final I considered before the tournament, and I honestly think Germany will win. At least I hope so, since I’ve been saying that for over a year now. Germany’s been consistently the best team, and they play the most attractive game of the semi-finalists.
They’re still very efficient (they always were), but since Jürgen Klinsmann (and especially his then-assistant Joachim Löw) took over in 2005, they’ve been bringing attractive football as well.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well, well well. Half time and so far this is turning out to be a huge upset.

Italy are two goals up and it will take an outstanding performance from Germany to win this.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Spain vs Italy it will be.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, that was a surprise.

Enfant terrible Balotelli scores two, Italy play strong football under the brilliant direction of Pirlo (who is man of the tournament so far, imo), and Germany has lots of irregularities in their play. Based on the match, the correct team wins, but I would’ve liked to have seen it otherwise.

Spain vs Italy. Who would’ve thought?

Based on the semi-finals, though, Spain will need to improve a great deal if they want to win this. If Italy plays the way they did today, Spain will be in trouble…

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 28 June 2012 12:29 PM

Weird penalty series, though. What was Nani thinking when he went to get Bruno Alvez and took the penalty himself?

Well, there’s a set order in which they are to shoot, so Alvez was probably going when Nani was supposed to, and they can’t change order after it has been set, so…

Anyway, what a night tonight! Italy played excellent, the better team went to the finals tonight! (Yesterday it was pretty even) They’ve been so good this tournament, constantly improving. I had high hopes, but this has been even better than I expected. Dream final for me Smile

Too bad Portugal had to drop too, though. Played so well and it was so close, but I guess that’s how it is - only one can get to the finals.

And finally Balotelli got his game on. I’m glad - he has such massive expectations set on him, and even if he’s a bit of a character, he’s a fantastic player and you could see that his heart was clearly in the game.

And you’re right about Pirlo Smile

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Now all the teams I had marked as favorites for the title are gone. Smile

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Well, last night’s result certainly didn’t do my fantasy football team any good!

Italy look good and I think Spain will have their work cut out on Sunday. I think they can still do it if they perform but based on the tournament so far I can see this going Italy’s way.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top