• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Introduction Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hello, and welcome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Welcome NESchiq! Laughing

There are some pretty cool people on here and it’s a nice friendly place, i’m sure you’ll fit right in!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

Hello!

I’m really glad I found this forum Grin I’m currently working on my own game using a visual novel engine (Renpy Python).  I did notice on their forums, a good half of the members disliked mini-games, while I personally love to play them.  It took me a while to figure out the kind of game I wanted to make was more akin to point and click adventure games, and hence I am now here.  I hope to learn many things from both forums to make a good enough game to appeal to both audiences.

The adventure games I like to play are Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Ace Attorney series, Professor Layton series, and 999 and Zero Escape.  Yes they’re all DS/3DS games, I can only find time to play them when I’m away from my computer, game making takes forever…

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Hello, I just joined as well and am I huge Professor Layton fan. I am fond of mini games so long as they are not terribly repetitive. I am intrigued by Roxie’s project and wanted to add to the greater dialog.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!
The forum can use a couple more DS gamers… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-06-09

PM

Hi there,

After a long, long time away from adventure games, I happened to drop by adventuregamers.com on a google search nostalgia… and guess what, I’ve suddenly started playing adventure games again!

Thank you kindly for inspiring me, as I’m savouring the first Broken Sword again and recalling what good gaming is all about, to the point where I’ve even started a blog about my (virtual) journeys.

Anyway, it seems only proper to introduce myself.

I’m João, a 37 year old Portuguese IT worker, proud father and husband.
I could also tell that I’m enthusiastic about adventure games, but that just doesn’t fit well with my hiatus and besides, everyone here is likely to be more enthusiastic than me Smile

Cheers,
J

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hi Johnnybone, Welcome!

Now is a pretty good time to be getting back into adventure games, if you’re not already aware of Kickstarter and the crowd funding project scene then you’ll find that some old Adventure Game names are getting back into Adventure Games and we are getting a new Broken Sword, something new from Jane Jensen (creator of Gabriel Knight) and various others too!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

Hello Friends,

I haven’t been around in the last year or so because of other things going on in life Gasp . I’m going to try and come back and visit with you. For my past friends that are still here on the site ( that I have seen on Facebook) I hope to see you on here as well too   Heart Eyes

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-10-24

PM

Greetings from Finland.

Originally a hardcore film buff and weeaboo, I have recently taken an interest in adventure gaming. It all started with The Walking Dead, which made me eager to play oldschool adventure games and I stumbled upon this site’s Top List. Inspired by the list, I bought Grim Fandango and absolutely loved it. I intend to keep going through the list since I’ve never played most of the entries on the list.

My nickname comes from the TV show of the same name.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Hi,

A longtime lurker here. I started out with point & click adventures on the PC when I was a kid, but the last five years or so, I have mostly been playing Japanese adventures on (3)DS/PSP. I enjoy games in other genres too, and I am also a bit of a mystery fiction addict (which fortunately works quite well with being an adventure gamer).

Favorite titles: Ace Attorney, Broken Sword, Grim Fandango, Jinguuji Saburou/Jake Hunter, Danganronpa, Professor Layton and the Chunsoft sound novels (Kamaitachi no Yoru, Machi, 428).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

It’s good to come out of lurking. I hope you’ll be happy out in the open Tantei KID.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-11-22

PM

Hey everyone!

I’m Barbara, currently living in Germany but originally from Belgium. It’s cool to see people from other countries here too! Smile

Anyway, I’m 25 years old and was very into adventure games when I was younger, kind of let it go for a bit but fully intending on going right back into it. Smile Most games I now play are PC or Wii, but am looking for some new games and/or a console to expand my collection!

Barbara

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Welcome Barbara

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome to AG, Barbara!

Btw, I’m Belgian too! Cool

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Barbara!  Cheetos are a favorite snack of mine, except that they have a tendency to turn everything orange.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top