• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiefurgottenIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit – a charming European mystery adventure

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Hi everyone! I’m super happy to finally feel worthy to post here about our point-and-click adventure – Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit

We’re a small indie team from Lithuania and we’ve just launched a Steam page for the adventure game that we’ve been working on for quite some time now Wink

I’d very much like to invite you to WISHLIST IT ON STEAM: https://crownsandpawns.com/steam/

Here’s our TEASER TRAILER:

A bit about THE STORY

Milda, a girl from Chicago, unexpectedly receives the last will of her deceased grandfather – it appears that she is an heir and the last guardian of a mysterious family secret. Following a handful of obscure hints, Milda is thrown into an adventurous, puzzle packed search for the truth.

Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit brings the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, beware of the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles and follow hints to reveal the secrets of the king that was never crowned.

GAMEPLAY AND FEATURES

Crowns and Pawns features classical point-and-click gameplay with a number of innovations. The game is filled with puzzles, mini games and beautiful hand painted art. Together with modern elements like a mix of 2D and 3D graphics, experience designed for both a mouse and a gamepad, a world that reacts to your decisions and customizable character looks, the game provides a fresh and unforgettable experience. Oh, and have I mentioned the game will be fully voiced? Smile

INSPIRATION

Crowns and Pawns was inspired by point-and-click classics such as Broken Sword, Still Life, Syberia and others.

We’re planning the release of Crowns and Pawns sometime next year. You can check out our social media for more screenshots and development updates.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/CrownsAndPawns
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/CrownsAndPawns
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://crownsandpawns.com/

And I can’t stress enough how important it is for us if you WISHLIST IT ON STEAM: https://crownsandpawns.com/steam/

Recently released Crowns and Pawns
Very proud of having been part of Broken Sword 2.5

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

This is interesting! Do you plan to draw much from real Lithuanian history for your plot?

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Can we restore the glorious Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

... just kidding, but looks very nice. I’ll add it to my wishlist.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Sorry for a late reply! We were at Gamescom, collecting feedback from the awesome adventurers like you.

WitchOfDoubt - 20 August 2019 06:52 PM

This is interesting! Do you plan to draw much from real Lithuanian history for your plot?

Thanks! Actually, quite a bit. There will, of course, be some made up ideas, but the main historical facts will be real. The history of Lithuania is very diverse and has some interesting plot twists, so to say Grin

Pyoro-2 - 21 August 2019 09:18 AM

Can we restore the glorious Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?

... just kidding, but looks very nice. I’ll add it to my wishlist.

Haha, not in a power of a game, unfortunately Grin And thanks a lot!

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Just wanted to post a small update – we’re actively working on character animations and putting everything together Smile

Today I can share this cool animation of Dana - Milda’s best friend from Chicago Smile You might have already seen her name in descriptions (Milda is chatting with her when the fateful letter arrives) and her first visual appearance was in our teaser trailer. But here’s a new animation of hers that I’d like to share:

There will be more in the near future! Wink

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Almost 2 months have passed, but our excitement from Gamescom and the Adventure-Treff.de party is still strong Smile We met or caught up with a lot of awesome adventure fans and developers – including folks from AdventureGamers.com, Charles Cecil and a ton of others! So, here’s a short review (kind of a documentary even!) of our experience in Cologne in August:

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This looks great. As for those who regularly criticize my dislike of retro-pixel games, take a look! This is what your game should look like. Well done.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

rtrooney - 18 October 2019 10:01 PM

This looks great. As for those who regularly criticize my dislike of retro-pixel games, take a look! This is what your game should look like. Well done.

Hehe, thanks a lot! Smile

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit has a public demo online for the first time! However, only for a limited time – during the Steam Summer Festival. Grab the demo here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1125910/Crowns_and_Pawns_Kingdom_of_Deceit/

We’re also streaming a Livestream tonight at 7 PM CEST (10 AM PDT), set a reminder here:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1125910/view/2409936642441295273

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’ve played it the other day. It’s one of my favourite adventure demos of the festival. Number 3 of 32 played demos so far. I’m really looking forward to the full version now.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I also played it and here are my thoughts. Took me about 45 minutes to beat

Positives
Love the background art
Story seems interesting enough, but a bit cliche
Puzzles were decent, not too hard but not too easy
Loved that yall have a hotspot marker

Negatives
No voice acting for the demo, Voice acting is very important to me
Dialogue was kind of amateurish to me, Might be a localization issue
I hated the UI. It seemed really slow and laggy, I also rather use the right click button on the mouse to look at items instead of using the wheel, also let me just click the item and not have to hold the button and drag the item to use it.
Animations seem very incomplete.Like when the main character chops the bush in front of the apple tree.
The main character was kind of odd looking, and one of her eyes does not look right.

Overall Im interested but I do think it needs lots of work and polish.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I’m kinda surprised here and elsewhere the UI got so much note. I’d agree that it should be “left click: look, right click: interact” assuming there’s nothing else going on (I assume this hasn’t been done because of possible adaptions for touch devices?), but the drag&drop; use of items feels like the natural way of current PC use; I found it quite responsive and comfortable ...

Ideally of course there’d be a toggle ^^

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Pyoro-2 - 21 June 2020 05:32 AM

I’m kinda surprised here and elsewhere the UI got so much note. I’d agree that it should be “left click: look, right click: interact” assuming there’s nothing else going on (I assume this hasn’t been done because of possible adaptions for touch devices?), but the drag&drop; use of items feels like the natural way of current PC use; I found it quite responsive and comfortable ...

Ideally of course there’d be a toggle ^^

Really most modern games that i play are click the item to select it and click again to use item, or combine items. As far as the lag goes, the cursor would get hung up a lot and freeze for a couple of seconds.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Thanks a bunch for the feedback! It’s great to know that some people love it – really motivates us to keep moving Wink

As for the less positive points, they will definitely help us improve the game too. We will have voice acting 100% – we can’t imagine a game like this without voices, it’s just that we’ll record them when we have most of the text finished.

As for the UI, we are still going to have one serious iteration over it – so this feedback is kind of an encouragement towards some decisions Smile As one of the ways to move forward, we are actually considering removing the “verb coin” and changing it to left click/right click. The verb coin is great for comedic adventures (where you can open a cork with your mouth, like in CoMI; or you have an ability to turn into a bat, like in A Vampyre Story), but for a more realistic game like ours it makes more sense to have it closer to real-world interactions – which usually means two actions per object.

Anyway, I’m blabbing here, but my point is – thanks a lot for playing and taking your time to share the feedback! Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

No problem good luck with the development.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-06-27

PM

I really like that we will go to Lithuania in this game. I loved going to Paris and other places in Broken Sword, but there are so many other great (and slightly lesser known) places to visit in adventure games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top