• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

But it’s a good guess! You’ve just put yourself at the top of the list mr Intense!

Whitechapel was originally conceived as a three part miniseries about two detectives and a historian trying to catch a Jack the Ripper copycat. But due to its huge succes it was renewed for a second season with dealt with the Kray brothers. Then a third series was comissioned which was not one single story but three two part stories all dealing with serial killers in the Whitechapel area having a link with the past. If you don’t mind a fair bit of suspension of disbelief it’s realy quite fun. Plus it stars Rupert Penry-Jones (Adam Carter from Spooks) as a police inspector with OCD

2. Silent Witness(Intense Degree)
6. Whitechapel(Intense Degree)
8. The Killing(Shany)
10. Wallander(BBC version)(Lucien21)

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Hopefully everyone’s recovered from their harrowing experience in Hastings. Wink
Honestly I so would’ve loved to come. If only Id ve had the time or money. Ah well see you next time hopefully.

Anyway since no one’s guessed anything since let’s try a few more hints.

Hopefully everyone’s recovered from their harrowing experience in Hastings. Wink
Honestly I so would’ve loved to come. If only Id ve had the time or money. Ah well see you next time hopefully.

Anyway since no one’s guessed anything since let’s try a few more hints.

1. Named after the author of the novels
3. Has something to do with Chris Carter though not quite
4. Named after the main character.
5. Is originally called “The Crime” though known under another title
7. Is about a highborn police inspector
9. One of the main characters has a name with a very interesting pronunciation
11. Has something to do with T.S. Eliot
12. Name of the profession is the title. 

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Is 9. Dalziel and Pascoe?

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

You got it! And that gives you two points. The theme I included was only used in one episode. The best in my opinion: On Beulah Height.

If you skip to 09.27 you can hear it playing over the end credits (and don’t you go peek at who the killer is)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

7. Inspector Lynley Mysteries
3. Harsh Realm

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Panthera - 28 May 2012 01:07 PM

Is 9. Dalziel and Pascoe?

Wow, this one I’ve actually heard of, and watched! Grin

That really is one interesting pronounciation…

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

7 is indeed correct!

Starts at 02.05. Well worth watching. Beautiful intro.

3. unfortunately is not correct. Though in realaty it has nothing to do with anything Chris carter created you might think so by it’s title.

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

gray pierce - 28 May 2012 01:01 PM

Damn it, I know this one, I just can’t remember the name! It isn’t the Profiler, is it? It’s the other one with the famous actress..?

And I know 1, I’m sure of it, I just can’t make sense of the hints! Frown

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Panthera - 28 May 2012 03:24 PM
gray pierce - 28 May 2012 01:01 PM

It isn’t the Profiler, is it?

Yes it is! It’s the season 3/4 opening theme

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Fooling me with using the last season’s theme Tongue

I got it from the “precursor to the current procedural crime shows” hint. It has been in my “to be watched” pile forever..

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Panthera - 28 May 2012 03:48 PM

I got it from the “precursor to the current procedural crime shows” hint. It has been in my “to be watched” pile forever..

Actaually it’s from both the season 3 and season 4 opener. (they’re identical except for the images of Ally Walker being swabbed with Jamie Luner) So it’s been used for exactly the same number of seasons as the first opening theme.

I’va always seen Profiler as the precursor to Criminal Minds though I think CM doesn’t even get close to Profiler. It’s far too smooth. Nowhere near as dark and gritty as Profiler. Anyway you should go watch it. It’s a great show! Only the final season kinda sucks imo. Mainly because the main storyline of the show ends with the season 4 premiere and they don’t really build a new arc after that. (also the new main character is not even half as interesting as the old one)

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay lots of correct guesses lately. Time for a new round!

7. The Inspector Lynley Mysteries(Lucien21)
8. The Killing(Shany)
9. Dalzien and Pascoe(Panthera)
12. Profiler(Panthera)

And some more new hints to help you along

1. Specials feature a male DCI
4. Has a female main character
5. Scandinavian series
11. Serial killer series

3. Here’s the theme the first movie opened up with which was also used in the tv-series(with some nice ambient sounds)
http://kiwi6.com/file/3k181pjj02

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

gray pierce - 28 May 2012 03:58 PM
Panthera - 28 May 2012 03:48 PM

Actaually it’s from both the season 3 and season 4 opener. (they’re identical except for the images of Ally Walker being swabbed with Jamie Luner) So it’s been used for exactly the same number of seasons as the first opening theme.

I’va always seen Profiler as the precursor to Criminal Minds though I think CM doesn’t even get close to Profiler. It’s far too smooth. Nowhere near as dark and gritty as Profiler. Anyway you should go watch it. It’s a great show! Only the final season kinda sucks imo. Mainly because the main storyline of the show ends with the season 4 premiere and they don’t really build a new arc after that. (also the new main character is not even half as interesting as the old one)

It also had links to The Pretender with a two part crossover. I loved the Pretender series and was a fan of Profiler.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

5. The Killing

Although is this a trick, because it does fit the clues, but you already have it as 8. Have you tried to sneak the orignal and the remake in….

1. Ruth Rendall Mysteries

Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 28 May 2012 05:51 PM

5. The Killing

Although is this a trick, because it does fit the clues, but you already have it as 8. Have you tried to sneak the orignal and the remake in….

Yup! #5 is the original Danish show Forbrydelsen (which translates as The Crime)and #8 is the American remake. If you haven’t seen the original I highly recommend it. It’s much better than the remake imo and one of the best shows ever.

Here’s the full theme

1. Ruth Rendall Mysteries

Actually it’s the Ruth Rendell Mysteries. Naughty

1. Ruth Rendell Mysteries(Lucien21)
5. The Killing(Original Danish version)(Lucien21)
7. The Inspector Lynley Mysteries(Lucien21)
8. The Killing(American remake)(Shany)
9. Dalzien and Pascoe(Panthera)
12. Profiler(Panthera)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top