• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished Roki. Just over 11 hours.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Can anyone recommend me apple arcade games? Preferably with great stories.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Beyond a Steel Sky

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

From what I can see, the best the platform has to offer along those lines is Jenny LeClue, Tangle Tower. There is also Assemble With Care, which I can’t vouch for as I haven’t played it.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Luhr28 - 03 August 2020 04:20 PM

From what I can see, the best the platform has to offer along those lines is Jenny LeClue, Tangle Tower. There is also Assemble With Care, which I can’t vouch for as I haven’t played it.

Finished Assemble With Care(pretty good game).
I am savoring Jenny LeClue and waiting for the next game comes out. Apparently first one finishes on a cliffhanger. Tangle Tower will play but supposed to be sequel to Detective Grimoire. So got to finish that one first.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing The Walking Dead, Season 2. I’ve heard it’s not as god as Season 1 but is still worth playing. The story so far is drawing me in and I do want to see how it all plays out.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2019-02-25

PM

Playing Discworld (1995). As a big fan of Pratchette’s Discworld I love this game. Beautiful pixel-graphics, wounderful humor and great voice-acting. The only downside is the often brutally difficult puzzles. I’m playing this using a walkthrough, but I enjoy it nevertheless.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Guybrush82 - 04 August 2020 04:28 PM

Playing Discworld (1995). As a big fan of Pratchette’s Discworld I love this game. Beautiful pixel-graphics, wounderful humor and great voice-acting. The only downside is the often brutally difficult puzzles. I’m playing this using a walkthrough, but I enjoy it nevertheless.

We had a great Discworld community playthrough here some years ago! You can find lots of hints n tips to follow from there as well if you like to give it a look. Smile

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Sefir - 04 August 2020 07:28 PM
Guybrush82 - 04 August 2020 04:28 PM

We had a great Discworld community playthrough here some years ago! You can find lots of hints n tips to follow from there as well if you like to give it a look. Smile

Oh wonderful, thanks for the heads up.

I booted this up once as a very young kid on playstation, and as you could imagine didn’t make it far.

But when I finally bought sega saturn, I found it again! (in addition to started collecting discworld books!)
But I still couldn’t make any progress!

I think the best thing about it is Eric Idle as Rincewind.  From now on when I read Discworld books, I always hear Idle’s voice.

I’ve heard that the discworld games are not all of the same quality, but I’ve only played a game called “Discworld”  So I wonder if maybe it’s best to play them out of order, or maybe one is superior?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Celebreon - 04 August 2020 10:45 PM

I’ve heard that the discworld games are not all of the same quality

When the quality in question is “pretty freaking high” it is not really an issue. They are all great.

I used to think that Discworld 1 (the one you most likely played) was the best, but replaying the sequel made me realize that was just as good. Even though I have a preference for the more baroque graphical style of the first. And Discworld Noir (the third game, chronologically) is also very good but would need to replay to confirm how it compares with the first two.

Interesting fact, Terry Pratchett was a gamer and from what I understand was involved in the development and pitching, which is probably why the games are such high quality.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I totally agree. Discworld 1&2 are both equally great. And I would dare say that Discworld Noir, while darker, it can be consider even better than the first 2 especially in riddles, story and charaacter presentation/development.

Don’t think about it very much. Play all of them.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Side note: it is a crime that the discworld games are still not available to purchase digitally anywhere AFAIK. Iv got the files for them buried somewhere, but if i could purchase them on gog i would in a second.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Luhr28 - 04 August 2020 10:56 PM

Interesting fact, Terry Pratchett was a gamer and from what I understand was involved in the development and pitching, which is probably why the games are such high quality.

A further interesting fact is that it’s highly likely that Terry Pratchett’s daughter Rhianna had some serious input as she used to be the Adventure Game reviewer for PC Zone and is majorly credited as a writer on a considerable number of games, most recently as the script editor on the recently released Destroy All Humans and just before that, in the Adventure genre, was the story consultant for Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey. A talented lady in her own right.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2019-02-25

PM

Sefir - 04 August 2020 07:28 PM

Found it! Thanks for the tip, I’ll check it out. Smile

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Skipped the first Detective Grimoire and jumped right into Tangled Tower. Estimate I am about 65% in. Loving every minute so far. Hope the resolution is good.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top