• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just finished watching the last episode of the last series of ‘The Swingers` & I’m disgusted!
The Swingers is a compelling (Dutch) series that lends its name to an incident in the first series that is responsible for ensuing story lines from thereon!  It’s not about swinging - that’s just where it started where an incident impacted on the characters later.
I hated the last episode because there is no retribution for the deranged woman Eva who took charge of a child to make her own after deliberately manipulating events to lead to the demise of the child’s parents Aaargh…!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

chrissie - 30 September 2020 02:30 PM

It’s not about swinging - that’s just where it started where an incident impacted on the characters later.

Well, it seems to be realistic then, so the ending isn’t breaking that mold seeing as the bad guys win most of the times. Hmm, you got me thinking, is there a difference between a swinger and a cuck?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You haven’t watched the series so the point of you posting is…....?

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Besides asking that question? Swinging increases the rate of drama due to walking the thin line of morality, infidelity, love, etc. within a corpus of at least 4 individuals. Hence my suggestion that maybe the bad ending was faithful to its initial realistic predicament.

It’s a discussion board and I’ve stayed on this thread’s topic so the point was to, y’know, interact.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The ‘swinging’ occurred between 4 consenting adults & not in itself responsible for the bad ending. In fact it was probably in terms of ‘walking the thin line of morality, infidelity, love etc` the least destructive act, if destructive at all, compared to the motivation behind it & other far more damaging acts that ‘increased the rate of drama’ more so.  Smile

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Ah, see, my remark was quite pertinent so there was no need to extend those claws. Although I think swinging was indeed what sparked the whole drama due to Steef’s self-eugenics, but I digress. Swinging by its very definition is consensual, but if you emphasized that to set it apart from cucking then I was referring to the actual consensual abnormal lifestyle, therefore my question.

So, if anyone could clarify: swinging is a type of cucking?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If you want to discuss the details of a TV show I’m happy to oblige if you’ve seen it which in this case you obviously haven’t as you would know there is more to the drama than ‘Steef’s self-eugenics`.....
.....or maybe you do but have an issue with ‘swinging’ which I am absolutely not interested in discussing. Whether you consider the practise moral or not as far as I’m concerned people are free to do as they want as long as they don’t hurt anyone else.
Within the context of the TV show story I’ve already said it in itself doesn’t.

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

The show reenforces the notion that swinging is dramatastic. The fact that it led to the above plus murder shows that it sparked the whole ordeal; aggravated ‘cause of Lieve Et al., yes, but paramount to everything—the flint to the frizzen.

The central themes of THE SWINGERS are infertility, infidelity, morality, religion and crime so I’m simply perceiving what the show itself plays with. You seem to be sour about something and I keep wondering why.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I watched this a while back: Season 1 of “Top of the Lake” but it’s still memorable as apart from presenting a very good investigative mystery the scenery, as it’s based & filmed in New Zealand, is spectacular & well worth watching for that alone. 

Season 2 is set in Australia so the locations for me didn’t have quite the same wow factor but they were interesting all the same as the backdrop for another compelling story .  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve watched the Netflix series Ratched, which serves as an origin story of sorts for Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

It starts off pretty strong, but completely collapses on itself by going way overboard with all the deaths and insanity going on. Not to mention that it never really feels like the nurse Ratched from the movie, and that Sarah Paulson is actually older than Louise Fletcher was at the time of filming, despite taking place around 15 years earlier. But on the other hand, it wouldn’t have worked with a younger actress, so maybe the entire concept for this was flawed to begin with and could have done without the link to the movie?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Ratched seems interesting & right up my street but I don’t have Netflix at the moment so don’t know if I’ll get to watch it any time soon.  Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Dexter is coming back

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Heart  He’s my favourite serial killer (well actually the only one I like) so I’m delighted that there might be another series of him erm….. doing what he does.

Thank you for the news/warning   Thumbs Up

N.B. I lie. I love Hannibal too (in the TV series) especially as played by Mads Mikkelsen but he’s definitely more dangerous.  Gasp

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

They’ll need to do their utmost to get rid of that rancid aftertaste the eighth season left…

But still… seeing as how good the series could be (mainly the first four seasons), I’m cautiously optimistic. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Korean series Vagabond. It’s on netflix. I’d think a 16x1 hour episode storyline would get tedious, but I am midway so far and no dull moments so far. Great mystery/thriller/action series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top