• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games like Mega Man or Castlevania on Steam or GOG that you recommend

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

I’m looking for something similar to the above game series to play next on my channel so please any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. If I play the game and like it I will give you a shoutout on my channel during the video.

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Ares: Extinction Agenda and 20XX are very MegaMan-inspired. Possibly Cuphead for a lot of tough bosses and the occasional run-and-gun, though the theme and visual style are completely different.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a popular old-school style Castlevania clone. For something less obvious, Hollow Knight also has dark places and pasts to explore despite some outward cuteness.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Harald B - 24 May 2019 02:54 AM

Ares: Extinction Agenda and 20XX are very MegaMan-inspired. Possibly Cuphead for a lot of tough bosses and the occasional run-and-gun, though the theme and visual style are completely different.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a popular old-school style Castlevania clone. For something less obvious, Hollow Knight also has dark places and pasts to explore despite some outward cuteness.

Thanks for the recommendations

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a really nice castlevania style game, it’s pretty short though but goes on sale quite a lot.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Not sure if this is available on Steam, but I thought the recent Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom was rather amazing, also a Metroidvania title.

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top