• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

russ869 - 12 January 2018 12:15 PM
russ869 - 11 January 2018 07:52 PM

Now I’m playing The Black Mirror (the 2003 game, not the recent reboot).  So far I’m enjoying it.  Although I am already afraid that I missed something I was supposed to click on.

Okay… apparently some items can only be picked up by right-clicking on them?  Even though there was absolutely no indication from the game that right-clicking did anything.  Was I supposed to read the game manual or something?

It’s been almost 15 years since I played Black Mirror, but I think right-clicking on objects in the environment could give extra description of them—and sometimes you had to right-click more than once to hear everything.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am currently playing Blackwell: Epiphany. Half game and the story is very intriguing. I don’t know why, but I feel I’ll cry in the end…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I’m currently playing Lisssn. It was created by Robert Wolff and Knut Müller. So if you are a fan of the RHEM series then you should definitely check it out. The puzzles are sound and music based but don’t let that scare you off. You learn as you go, the puzzles start simple and progressively get more difficult. I’m about 5 hours in so far and I’ve only got stuck once but managed to figure it out when I discovered a clue I had missed. Anyway, is any one else playing it? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s on my list, but the music-based puzzles did indeed scare me off. Haven’t bought it yet. I enjoy music like everybody else in the world, but I have no musical talent whatsoever. How hard would Lisssn be for someone like me?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Karlok - 04 February 2018 07:06 PM

It’s on my list, but the music-based puzzles did indeed scare me off. Haven’t bought it yet. I enjoy music like everybody else in the world, but I have no musical talent whatsoever. How hard would Lisssn be for someone like me?

It doesn’t require any musical knowledge. You learn basic concepts of music as you go and then utilize them in the puzzles. Plus there are an equal amount of non sound/music puzzles as well.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The game page says it’s designed for children and adolescents. You should be fine.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oscar - 04 February 2018 07:36 PM

The game page says it’s designed for children and adolescents. You should be fine.

That is true but it’s definitely no walk in the park. I’ve found it to be quite challenging.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sir Beardalot - 04 February 2018 07:45 PM
Oscar - 04 February 2018 07:36 PM

That is true but it’s definitely no walk in the park. I’ve found it to be quite challenging.

Oh. Maybe they meant it was designed for Knut Müller’s children, who have been raised on a steady diet of RHEM and Mystlike games.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was going to download it today, but since I have to upgrade my OS to play it, it’ll be a while.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sir Beardalot - 04 February 2018 06:48 PM

I’m currently playing Lisssn. It was created by Robert Wolff and Knut Müller. So if you are a fan of the RHEM series then you should definitely check it out. The puzzles are sound and music based but don’t let that scare you off.

i never played RHEM but this ‘sounds’ like my cup of coffee Laughing

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sir Beardalot - 04 February 2018 07:36 PM
Karlok - 04 February 2018 07:06 PM

It doesn’t require any musical knowledge. You learn basic concepts of music as you go and then utilize them in the puzzles. Plus there are an equal amount of non sound/music puzzles as well.

I bought it and played for about an hour. Haven’t solved much yet, lots of walking around, finding stuff. I will get back to it later, when I’ve finished two other adventures. It’s a typical Knut Mueller game. His puzzles are good, no question about it, but I’d forgotten how awkward the interface is. You’d think he would want to modernize his game design a bit.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

I’m replaying the original Syberia. Last night, when I reached Aralbad and heard that beautiful music theme, I started crying. Is that normal or should I urgently book a vacation?

Wink

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Syberia is a lovely game & may make you cry - it’s normal but just use any excuse to book a vacation anyway!  Laughing

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

Haha! Will do, chrissie. Thanks for the advice!

Grin

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 05 February 2018 12:37 PM

I bought it and played for about an hour. Haven’t solved much yet, lots of walking around, finding stuff. I will get back to it later, when I’ve finished two other adventures. It’s a typical Knut Mueller game. His puzzles are good, no question about it, but I’d forgotten how awkward the interface is. You’d think he would want to modernize his game design a bit.

I thought exactly the same thing. This interface seems worse than RHEM’s. I get this flickering effect on the cursor which is very annoying. And in 2018 I should definitely not be having to manually set my monitor to 4:3 aspect ratio.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top