• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61Jdawg445L_machine

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #9: Slouching Towards Bedlam

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

We’ve already seen Appendix B when we executed ourselves. I checked just now.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 08:29 AM

>press transmit
The button stays depressed as long as it is pushed, then releases. Nothing more happens.

>hold transmit
With the tiniest *pop* the Amplifier slides from the slot.

>tell magnetophone calling cq
That is not a recognized verb.

>say calling cq
(to yourself)
You talk to yourself a while.

>calling cq
That’s not a verb I recognise.

That’s odd.

Did you
> turn valve
first?

That’s probably the only thing left I can think of.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 12 April 2021 08:36 AM

We’ve already seen Appendix B when we executed ourselves. I checked just now.

Well spotted. I’d already forgotten about that.

Only Appendix A when jumping out the window then. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Didn’t I post this before? Hmm, okay.

> appendix
APPENDIX A
SOURCE: LEGENDS OF THE ILLUMINATI - FROM SOLOMON TO RICHARD THE LIONHEARTED TO THE MODERN DAY (Robert Osprey, Hodder & Stoughton, London, 1975)

...of the many bastard children of the line would be the self-proclaimed CYPHERISTS of the late 17th century. A small movement, and based in many of the same traditions (Numerology and The Temple of Solomon most prominently) as the Masons, they did not claim a direct connection to the Templars, but rather asserted that what had been found on Temple Mount during the Crusades was the mathematical means by which the One True Torah (and all that implied - i.e. The True Name of God, etc) was to be found.

In their brief flowering, they remained chiefly concerned with information and its permutation as a means of enlightenment or a path to power over a “universal force.”  Information, they stated, was the basis of all reality, and could be manipulated (much like the individual letters of the Torah) by means equivalent to the Kabbalists” use of Gematria.

A strange mix of modern science and ancient religion, at the heart of the Cypherists’ creed was the Machine—the Analytic Engine. Used as a metaphor for the Universe of Newtonian “clockwork” physics, the Machine’s rotations were akin to the spinning of prayer wheels, manipulating data in an endless chant.

For all their proclamations of wisdom, however, they amounted to very little. By the early 18th century, they had all but died out - many members had simultaneously been Masons (some claim the Cypherists to be a splinter group from the very beginning, though the author seriously doubts this) and within several decades they had been completely subsumed into the larger group.

Rumors about the Cypherists still abound to the present day. Some claim they faked their own end, much like the Templars before them. Others state that their brief surfacing in the public view was unplanned—that they had, in fact, been in one form or another the guiding force behind the Illuminati since before the time of the Crusades (such theories go on to state that the Cypherist’s fervent belief in Kabalistic ideals proves such), and have been the manipulating force of much of history back to Biblical times.

Of course, in these enlightened days, no one believes a word of it.

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

TimovieMan - 12 April 2021 08:37 AM
Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 08:29 AM

>press transmit
The button stays depressed as long as it is pushed, then releases. Nothing more happens.

>hold transmit

>tell magnetophone calling cq
That is not a recognized verb.

>say calling cq
(to yourself)
You talk to yourself a while.

>calling cq
That’s not a verb I recognise.

That’s odd.

Did you
> turn valve
first?

That’s probably the only thing left I can think of.

Turn valve doesn’t work. It’s not that kind of valve. Saying any more will get me into trouble with the spoiler police.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’d expect the same Appendix for committing suicide in two different ways, but a different one for killing someone else. But that’s not the case.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>pull valve
>push valve
>open valve
>beg valve
>fuck valve

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 08:51 AM

Turn valve doesn’t work. It’s not that kind of valve. Saying any more will get me into trouble with the spoiler police.

Alrighty then. Grin

>hold transmit

Does this mean we need to fix this again?

> x magnetophone
> x panel
> open panel
> x amplifier

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

haha, Karlok!

Maybe..

>use valve
>speak in valve (..?)
>operate valve
>twist valve
>put <words> in valve ( Shifty Eyed )

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Karlok - 12 April 2021 08:55 AM

>open valve

>open valve
A quiet hiss emanates from the valve as it turns, and the tubing gives a small shudder.

The rubber piping connected to the back of the machine convulses for a moment, a wisp of steam escaping from it. From within, comes a low whirring which slowly increases in pitch and volume. From out of the magnetophone’s horn comes a soft echo of static…

The sound of static continues. Faint voices are sometime audible.

>

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 12 April 2021 08:53 AM

I’d expect the same Appendix for committing suicide in two different ways, but a different one for killing someone else. But that’s not the case.

Appendix B seems to be for dying while some people are still infected, and Appendix A for dying as the only infectee.

Maybe going on a killing spree (killing James, Alexandra and the Driver) to stop the infection before commiting suicide gives another?

How many endings does this game have?

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

And since it’s been suggested already…

>push transmit
As the button is depressed, the static abruptly stops.

What words are transmitted?
calling CQ

The transmit button releases with an audible pop.

Several voices emerge from the magnetophone’s speaker at once:

“Receiving Lon-4-G-C…”
“...earing you - identify Xerxes Yellow Zebra Zebra Yellow…”
“...well enough to…”
“...lear, CQ…go ahead…”

>

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 09:03 AM

>open valve
A quiet hiss emanates from the valve as it turns, and the tubing gives a small shudder.

The rubber piping connected to the back of the machine convulses for a moment, a wisp of steam escaping from it. From within, comes a low whirring which slowly increases in pitch and volume. From out of the magnetophone’s horn comes a soft echo of static…

The sound of static continues. Faint voices are sometime audible.

>

Don’t you open a valve by turning it? Crazy Grin

> push transmit
> calling CQ

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Karlok, virtual high five.

I’m going to look up Cleve’s story.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 09:06 AM

>push transmit
As the button is depressed, the static abruptly stops.

What words are transmitted?
calling CQ

The transmit button releases with an audible pop.

Several voices emerge from the magnetophone’s speaker at once:

“Receiving Lon-4-G-C…”
“...earing you - identify Xerxes Yellow Zebra Zebra Yellow…”
“...well enough to…”
“...lear, CQ…go ahead…”

>

Yay!

> push transmit
> nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined

That should get their attention. Tongue

Edit: ooh, a XYZZY reference! Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top