• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalePicopeople

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #9: Slouching Towards Bedlam

Total Posts: 948

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>jump out window
The window is too high to manipulate.

Karlok - 12 April 2021 08:07 AM

maybe the valve does something

Smile

Yes, maybe it does.

>x magnetophone
A stout metallic box, approximately two feet long by a foot deep. On its side is a small label which reads “Wheatstone/Cooke Aether-Magnetophone Company,” beneath which is a small, closed panel.

Its front contains a simple toggle switch, a button labeled ‘transmit’, and the long graceful curve of a cygnet speaker. At its back is a small valve, connected to a rubber tube which trails along the floor.

Total Posts: 8168

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> turn valve
> toggle switch
> transmit “Calling CQ”

Last played: Oknytt (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Horizon: Zero Dawn - 4/5 | Marvel’s Spider-Man - 4.5/5 | Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell - 3/5 | There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (CPT) - 4/5 | There Is No Game (replay) - 4/5 | Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (replay) - 3/5 | Lighthouse: The Dark Being (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Anna’s Quest (CPT) - 4.5/5 | Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe - 4/5 | Florence - 4/5 | Alice Trapped in Wonderland - 1/5 | The Hunt for the Lost Ship - 1.5/5 | The Talos Principle - 4/5 | Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - 3/5 | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 3/5 | Simon the Sorcerer (replay) - 4/5 | Portal 2 - 4/5 | Murder By Numbers - 3.5/5 | Heavy Rain - 3.5/5 | Disco Elysium - 4.5/5

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 08:09 AM

>jump out window
The window is too high to manipulate.

The one in the office at the start?

No possibility to
> open window
> jump out window
?

Last played: Oknytt (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Horizon: Zero Dawn - 4/5 | Marvel’s Spider-Man - 4.5/5 | Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell - 3/5 | There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (CPT) - 4/5 | There Is No Game (replay) - 4/5 | Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (replay) - 3/5 | Lighthouse: The Dark Being (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Anna’s Quest (CPT) - 4.5/5 | Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe - 4/5 | Florence - 4/5 | Alice Trapped in Wonderland - 1/5 | The Hunt for the Lost Ship - 1.5/5 | The Talos Principle - 4/5 | Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - 3/5 | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 3/5 | Simon the Sorcerer (replay) - 4/5 | Portal 2 - 4/5 | Murder By Numbers - 3.5/5 | Heavy Rain - 3.5/5 | Disco Elysium - 4.5/5

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>turn valve
Nothing obvious happens.

>toggle switch
That’s not a verb I recognise.

>transmit calling cq

Total Posts: 481

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

>press TRANSMIT
>hold TRANSMIT
>tell magnetophone CALLING CQ
>say CALLING CQ
>CALLING CQ

About Du Monde: I like her style. Maybe it’s because the other characters seem well-meaning, grandiose, but also rather hapless and doomed. Du Monde has intent, she seems to know what she’s doing.

edit: I’m going to read the manual for the magnetophone again..

Happiness is such hard work, gets harder every day and it can kill you, but no one wants to be that tacky about it. If you spin fast enough then maybe the broken pieces of your heart will stay together, but something I’ve seen lately makes me doubt it.. - Dismemberment Plan

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

(at the office)

>jump out window
It’s as simple as that, then—as the thought leaps outward, so does the body. And then all is open air and blowing wind, and the moment stretched - elongated along some impossible axis - one choice out of a million possibilities, outstretched in flight…

If there are words for this…

/(reference|point|metaphor)\

...they have not yet been written.

/(:timeline/date/1919:wbyeates/secondcoming)\

The ground is a living thing now—leaping, spinning—

/(the darkness drops again; but now I know)\

rushing forward in the slow infinity it will take to reach (you?).

/(that twenty centuries of stony sleep)\

Is this penance, then? To die for one’s sins? Or the sins of another?

/(were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,)\

Whose hubris is greater - the sinner or the savior?

/(and what rough beast)\

And the (weaker?) thing within whoever (you? me?) made this choice—

/(its hour come round at last)\

has only enough time to barely begin (voicing?) its disapproval—

/(slouches towards)\

as the ground—

/(bethlehem)\

swiftly flies—

/(?behtlehem?)\

upwards

/(BEDLAM)\

towards

/(to be born?)\

its final home.

***/(finishendcompleteconclude|periodmomentpointspacetime))\***

/(reachedfoundendfinishcomplete|possibleprobablyonlyoneinofmany))\

/(nowfurtheryetaheadrelease-APPENDIX-A-availableaccessableopen))\.

/(?? RESTARTperiodfirstrevisit ?? RESTOREbackrecallrelease ?? UNDObackreverseunmake ?? APPENDIXfurtherjumpyet ?? QUITleaveenddone ??))\

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Is that the best possible ending, since it seems the spread of the infection is stopped?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well that was anticlimactic for something that should have ended the infection altogether… Gasp

What does the Appendix command do? We’ve seen Appendix A and B now, are these the alternative endings?

> Appendix

Total Posts: 6346

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Appendix A?

You’re out of milk. Your pants are chafing you. And you’re going to totemize every magic creature in the Empire.  - Lucy Flathead, Zork Grand Inquisitor

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>press transmit
The button stays depressed as long as it is pushed, then releases. Nothing more happens.

>hold transmit
With the tiniest *pop* the Amplifier slides from the slot.

>tell magnetophone calling cq
That is not a recognized verb.

>say calling cq
(to yourself)
You talk to yourself a while.

>calling cq

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

TimovieMan - 12 April 2021 08:28 AM

Well that was anticlimactic for something that should have ended the infection altogether… Gasp

What does the Appendix command do? We’ve seen Appendix A and B now, are these the alternative endings?

> Appendix

>appendix

Total Posts: 6346

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr, you could have shown us Appendix A.

You’re out of milk. Your pants are chafing you. And you’re going to totemize every magic creature in the Empire.  - Lucy Flathead, Zork Grand Inquisitor

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 08:29 AM

>appendix

I think it only works when we’re at the ending.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pegbiter - 12 April 2021 08:32 AM

I think it only works when we’re at the ending.

So, jump out window again and then
> appendix
or
> appendix a

And showing the diary to Du Monde again and then
> appendix
or
> appendix b

Total Posts: 481

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I believe the previous Appendix told the ending from the perspective of the infection, or the voices in your mind.

Curious!

Happiness is such hard work, gets harder every day and it can kill you, but no one wants to be that tacky about it. If you spin fast enough then maybe the broken pieces of your heart will stay together, but something I’ve seen lately makes me doubt it.. - Dismemberment Plan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top