• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for BETA Testers - Not Another Weekend

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Hi all,

We are currently looking for BETA Testers for our upcoming point and click adventure game ‘Not Another Weekend’. If you are interested you can take a look and submit the form below:

https://forms.gle/HTMX44bGJ7rGcrfy8

You can take a look at the game here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432200/Not_Another_Weekend/

All beta testers will receive a Steam copy of the game and their name will be shown in game credits.

Thank you!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the link says its closed, did ye get enough beta testers, already?

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Hello Advie,

Thank you for your interest!

Yes, all slots are filled, but you may contact us in our discord server (https://discord.com/invite/sQYSmwz) to check for possible spare ones.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Currently testing the game.

First interaction has a character misgendering another character. I put the game down after that.

Here’s the thing. I’m conflicted between seeing through a commitment (testing your game) and contributing to something that I’m not ok with. I can’t tell if this is going be a theme, or if this is one misguided joke. If it’s the latter, please reconsider the interaction. I could explain why it’s bad, if that’s necessary.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Could it be a typo? [have not played, so just guessing]

GRUNND.COM
A game, occasional podcast.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

No, it’s the setup of a joke. It’s intentional, but I’m trying to assess the exact intent, prevalence and whether this is something the authors are willing to reconsider.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I played the demo and really liked it.
Was just a funny game with a very silly plot. To each its own as far as sense of humor goes, but I didn’t find anything offensive there at all. Also, if we’re talking about the same situation - at the reception - it’s not misgendering and you should really play further.

P.S. This game seem to be making fun of lot of stuff, but I just found a bunch of silliness and lots of nostalgia (set in the 80s).
The demo is available on Steam, I believe. I’m definitely looking forward to the game.

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Hi all,

As @Dcast mentioned the situations in this game are silly and contain a lot of 80’s throwbacks, so the idea is to amuse without ofcourse insulting anyone.

This is also one of the reasons for doing the beta anyway; we need feedback from people with different views, so on the contrary @vegetable party we really hope that you continue the testing as you are the first one who gave us this comment and this is what we want, new opinions.

As for the particular joke comment, noted with thanks (it also has to do with the real identity of the person which is revealed later in the game), and we are already considering alternative texts to avoid any confusion.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

with all due respect Vegetable-Party, you know these (awkward) days people are viewing and reacting to offensive remarks in manners that overthrow deaths and diseases or even children abuse, its crazy, so maybe you should have dealt with your concerns privately with the people who gave an early access to their game. you wouldn’t wanna bury their game or even them themselves.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m not overthrowing anything. I think I was quite civil. Perhaps you find it difficult to deal with ‘modern’ issues and would rather live in a world where you’re not confronted with these notions at all. I don’t want to annoy you, but I have different priorities.

The problem is not so much being offended. Certain things are problematic, meaning they contribute negatively to an existing situation. Addressing this is first and foremost practical - to solve problems, rather than to invent them, as you seem to think.

Don’t just bring up heavy topics to make a point. You have no idea if these issues affect me personally, so it’s not very respectful. It also undercuts your point.

So.. I think I kind of needed to address this, because of all the comments, but I have no intention of hijacking this thread! I’m not mad either, so I hope we can be cool. I’m glad Dionous reached out to me. If anything, I do hope this becomes a succes.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its already cool VP

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Time for a new philosophical thread discussing if actual age is too politically correct?

And good luck with the game!!!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top