• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The raven remastered

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I bought this game yesterday for $5 on the PS4 store and so far I’m really liking it. Now the controls are kind of wonky and the graphics are not the greatest, but im enjoying the story, characters, and the voice acting is above par. I also like the main Detective of zellner is more of an average guy than a Sherlock Holmes type. The game is not hard at all, but the puzzles are fine enough. Like I said my biggest complaint is the control scheme and how many button presses it takes to interact with things, it is ridiculous. also the main character moves way too slow.

Overall I just beat the first episode and I would give it an eight out of ten so far.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It’s funny how we’re so used to these characters being odd, notably sharp/inattentive, kind of obnoxious (etc) that a salt of the Earth type is refreshing!

I liked the dude, too. He’s kind of endearing as well.

I took a pause after the first episode and I never knew exactly why. It’s probably the stuff you mentioned about the controls and walking speed. I do want to revisit this game, though.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Messed around with the early game for this around the time I first completed The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. Seems like another good KingArt adventure. Need to get back to it soon so thanks for reminding me with this thread.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 31 January 2021 12:11 PM

Messed around with the early game for this around the time I first completed The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. Seems like another good KingArt adventure. Need to get back to it soon so thanks for reminding me with this thread.

It has some problems with gameplay, at least with a gamepad. Also has really long load times. But the puzzles are fun and the mini murder mystery on the ship at the end of episode one was handled really well. It reminded me of a columbo episode. Voice acting is also done well for the most part, i love zellner’s voice. Game is not perfect at all, but is a fun experience so far.

I also enjoy the book of unwritten tales.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I just beat the game, the story was really good there are some plot holes and convolution that you have to wave a hand for to get over. but overall if you’ve never given the game a chance or you are looking to finish it, I would recommend doing so. Overall 8 out of 10 for me.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I went back and 100 percented the game, not hard at all. I can see myself playing this again in a couple years when I forgot some of the plot points and puzzles

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I decided to replay this game after this threat and I got stuck with the curtain on leg of chair and putting everything together. so, I loaded up an old save and decided to go from there. This is a fun game and I look forward to playing it again.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

mbday630 - 01 February 2021 11:15 AM

I decided to replay this game after this threat and I got stuck with the curtain on leg of chair and putting everything together. so, I loaded up an old save and decided to go from there. This is a fun game and I look forward to playing it again.

Good glad to hear it. Puzzle with the flame is the hardest in the game to me because it makes you do things in a certain step-by-step way that it shouldnt. Like I said that is my biggest gripe with the raven, some things just take way too many button presses and it slows down the gameplay.

Let me know what you think as you go, I’d be curious to hear your thoughts.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Started playing this yesterday, just got up to the part where the Baroness is murdered and Zellner wakes up from being drugged the previous night. So far I’m really enjoying it. Definitely feels like a KingArts game, I’m enjoying seeing their approach put toward a game that’s more serious than TBoUT. The puzzles are a good balance of challenge without being frustrating or illogical, so far, and the mystery is shaping up nicely. They’ve done a good job of making everyone seem suspicious in their own right, not tipping the scales too heavily in anyone’s favor.

Love the classic cinematic score as well. Really makes you feel like you’re on a grand journey.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 07 February 2021 12:29 PM

Started playing this yesterday, just got up to the part where the Baroness is murdered and Zellner wakes up from being drugged the previous night. So far I’m really enjoying it. Definitely feels like a KingArts game, I’m enjoying seeing their approach put toward a game that’s more serious than TBoUT. The puzzles are a good balance of challenge without being frustrating or illogical, so far, and the mystery is shaping up nicely. They’ve done a good job of dmaking everyone seem suspicious in their own right, not tipping the scales too heavily in anyone’s favor.

Love the classic cinematic score as well. Really makes you feel like you’re on a grand journey.

Agreed, i played it on ps4, i just wish there was not so many button presses. I love the murder case on the ship, it was my favorite part of the game.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Finished the game and I enjoyed it a lot. I think towards the end there were too many “escape a confined space” or single room inventory puzzle sequences. But a relatively minor complaint for an overall well made game.

I liked the mystery, I loved the cinematic vibe and soundtrack (live performance in the bonus features is awesome), the characters were memorable and the puzzles were balanced without being brain dead (for the most part).

It does reach to pull of it’s final few twists in a way that I think is clumsy. Not a deal breaker by any stretch but it stands out when most of the game feels so well put together.

Overall I think I’d agree with your 8/10 Jdawg. Could be a bit higher with a few changes at the end but it’s a really good game. Anyone who likes a detective mystery or enjoyed King Arts’ other games should check it out.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 19 February 2021 10:42 PM

Finished the game and I enjoyed it a lot. I think towards the end there were too many “escape a confined space” or single room inventory puzzle sequences. But a relatively minor complaint for an overall well made game.

I liked the mystery, I loved the cinematic vibe and soundtrack (live performance in the bonus features is awesome), the characters were memorable and the puzzles were balanced without being brain dead (for the most part).

It does reach to pull of it’s final few twists in a way that I think is clumsy. Not a deal breaker by any stretch but it stands out when most of the game feels so well put together.

Overall I think I’d agree with your 8/10 Jdawg. Could be a bit higher with a few changes at the end but it’s a really good game. Anyone who likes a detective mystery or enjoyed King Arts’ other games should check it out.

Glad you enjoyed it, yes there is indeed some leaps in logic. Also agree that the final chapter has a lot of “small” room puzzles.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Hello,

Do any of you know of a point and click game with the character Lt. Columbo as the main protagonist?

Thanks,
Abhi

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’d seen the name of this game in various places, but never realized it was a KingArt game. I always thought it was a first person gothic Myst-like.
From this conversation, my interest is piqued. Darn/excellent!, another game on the to play list.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I really enjoyed it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top