• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Longing

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

As soon as you start, the game inevitably counts down the 400 days - even when you stop playing and exit the game.
Start the game and simply come back after 400 days to see how it ends. You actually don’t have to play the game at all. It is now up to you to explore the caves and collect items for your underground room. Just send the Shade last servant of a king who once ruled an underground kingdom to take a stroll - the walking speed is slow, but luckily there is no need to hurry.. The king’s powers have faded and he falls asleep for 400 days to regain his might. It is your duty to stay in the earthen palace until he awakens.

Did anyone play or remember the predecessor of this title?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I loved The Longing but I don’t know anything about a predecessor. Do you mean a game by the same German indie team?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I meant if it’s inspired by an older game btw isn’t walking speed stalling gameplay?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The slow walking speed, time, patience, waiting are all part of the experience. But you can tell your little Shade to walk to a specific area you’ve bookmarked, close the game and do something else. Next time Shade will be patiently waiting for you in that area.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

400 days long is relative, the game speeds up a lot the more stuff you collect in your bedroom. (up to 30x faster)
That’s why i’ve finished it four times already, even though the game hasn’t been out for 400 days yet!

Pro tip: make copies of your saves, that way you have more room to experiment and you won’t lose weeks of progress if you get a bad ending.

The Longing is one of my favourite AG’s of the last decade, the most innovative 2D adventure game in a long time

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top