• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Way to Play Tex Murphy Overseer?

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Heya,

Strangely enough, the Tex Murphy games are the one series I’ve never played despite seeming to tick all the right boxes. Reason being, the fear of the compatible issues.

I own Windows 7 and am wondering the best way to play the tex games. I’m planning on Overseer, but am wondering, would it be best getting a physical copy (I’ve seen a version with the CD rom version and DVD), or is it worth downloading from GoG.com?

I’m from the UK, so I’m not sure if GoG accept from outside the US? Any thoughts?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Terramax - 25 May 2012 03:56 PM

Heya,

Strangely enough, the Tex Murphy games are the one series I’ve never played despite seeming to tick all the right boxes. Reason being, the fear of the compatible issues.

I own Windows 7 and am wondering the best way to play the tex games. I’m planning on Overseer, but am wondering, would it be best getting a physical copy (I’ve seen a version with the CD rom version and DVD), or is it worth downloading from GoG.com?

I’m from the UK, so I’m not sure if GoG accept from outside the US? Any thoughts?

I’m in the UK and have quite a few GOG games inclusing the Tex Murphy games (Havn’t tried them on my WIn 7 PC yet though)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Terramax - 25 May 2012 03:56 PM

Heya,

Even though the DVD version is prettier, the CD version (including the GOG version) is more compatible, and works like a charm in Windows 7 64-bit. I’d get that version, because it combines the lack of disk-swapping of the DVD with the compatibility of the CD.

Seeing as GOG is European, I don’t think this will be a problem Wink

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

The GOG version worked flawlessly for me on Win7 64bit

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Thanks for that guys. Looks like the GoG way may be better for me, and cheaper.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Some people (myself included) get bad crashing towards the very end of the game. If that happens, search GOG for solutions and/or come back here and read this:

I am talking about Alcatraz by the way, and it only seems to happen in the first large room when you get out of your cell. Some people say that disabling the guard bots helps. I think there is a cheat for this by pressing Alt-D or something. I did not need to do this. The room is shaped like a “U” around the middle wall of cells. Apparently you want to basically avoid having that middle row in view of the screen. There’s only one thing you need to grab anyway and then you can get out of that room forever.

Apparently the new forum software only does spoilers one paragraph at a time. Had to combine paragraphs above.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sarcastic

I played the CD version on a Mac with Virtual PC way back when. Loved the game - one of the best adventure games ever done.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top