• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zak McKracken: Between Time and Space DC released

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

It says on Wikipedia the story starts on 27 July 2009. 62 years after the UFO sighting.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Marvel - 21 May 2015 11:30 AM

Can you tell me exactly what you did to make this happen? Haven’t seen something like this before Wink Did you load an “old” savegame or something?

Best,
Marvel

Hey Marvel, sorry but I really can’t tell what happened. First of all, I had never left the first room (airplane) when I quit out of the game, then when I started it up I was outside on the street in front of Zak’s building, no puzzles completed, no objects in inventory. When I went back into the bedroom… well, you know that saying, “wherever you go, there you are”  Tongue I don’t know if this is of any help to you, it’s confusing to me, too. Congrats on making the game!

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Mr Underhill - 22 May 2015 03:51 AM

Hey Marvel, sorry but I really can’t tell what happened. First of all, I had never left the first room (airplane) when I quit out of the game, then when I started it up I was outside on the street in front of Zak’s building

But you did not load any saved game, right?

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Ah… I’ve just found that bug (in the save games). Gonna fix it.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Marvel - 22 May 2015 03:56 AM

Glad to hear that! Smile

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Mr Underhill - 22 May 2015 03:58 AM
Marvel - 22 May 2015 03:56 AM

Glad to hear that! Smile

We fixed these issues in the new version… already available on our homepage! Also we’ve just released the MAC and a Linux version of the game!  Naughty

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

If you have troubles with savegames in the Linux version please try that: Just manually create “Savegames” under “~/.local/share/Zak2/Zak McKracken”, and the game should work.

If you have troubles with the MAC version, try disabling Gatekeeper. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and identified developers, and Anywhere. Please select Anywhere and then confirm your selection. You should no longer see the damaged file messaging.”

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

Is the same voice actor voicing Zak and the Oak Island guy?

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

BlackJack - 24 May 2015 08:49 PM

Is the same voice actor voicing Zak and the Oak Island guy?

The same as in the kickstarter video, yes. Seth was very kind supporting us! Smile

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I do have the problem that as soon as I leave the apartment and after the video sequence the screen is all black. I can hear him and I can walk around. I have tried it with both hard and easy. I have tried this on Linux (Chromebook) and Mac. I don’t have Windows to test. Anyone has experienced the same and has a solution?

Thanks

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top