• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

colpet - 04 April 2021 08:39 AM

A question regarding the crashes. Are the crashes happening to those playing the Steam version? I’m playing a hard copy original DVD game, and I’ve not had any issues so far.

I’m playing the Steam release. No technical problems at all so far.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

No Steam, no crashes (for now).

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I think I reached the point where I’m supposed to be.

Random question: the architecture and interior design are heavy on the dragon-themed sculptures and embellishments. What’s your favourite depiction of a dragon in the Academy?

edit: I was looking for something more subtle, but this floor design is spectacular.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Section 4
Main Goals:  Floating locks, another potion, and a library tour

After our ghostly meeting, you should realize that Lydia and Zak still have much to accomplish.  There are several locks to deactivate in order to begin working on individual puzzles, although not all the puzzles can be solved completely right away.  If you come across one, give it a try, but mainly focus on the oracle and the dragon game in the student lounge for now.  After this, you might want to visit the laboratory again, and then end this puzzle-centric section with a deep exploration of the library.  STOP WHEN YOU HAVE GATHERED ALL ITEMS FROM THE LIBRARY.

Try to finish this section by this Friday, April 9.

Please note:  As veteran adventurers, I’m sure you’ve been activating the rune symbols you’ve been finding in the various classrooms.  If not, please do so. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Ok i finished both the dragon puzzle and oracle puzzle. Also i got all items from library.
Just to be on the safe side i found 4 orbs and 4 tapestries and i think i explored all of it. If there is more there just tell me because the place is pretty disorienting.

Also i did one puzzle at the balcony with yellow and red teleport which was easy and havent touched anything else.

That was a pretty short section but had the most difficult puzzle so far imo (dragon). I spent one hour and even after i used all 3 hints i had to spend half an hour more to solve it. But thats just me, i m havinng major difficulties with that kind of puzzles. Didnt have any problems with the rest of the section.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’ve found what you needed in the library, Nico, but don’t forget the second goal.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

There is a pause in the project I am involved so I can resume this CPT. I managed to get the power on, so a long way ahead to catch up with you all, but I’ll try…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you can join us again, Walas.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I think I’ve reached the end of the section, but I’m not completely sure yet, and I’m not sure simply because I don’t know if I have all the items from the library. I got the four tapestries and I also got the orbs. But there was no confirmation that that was all.

Regarding the other objectives, I was able to find the oracle (I would say by chance), and I had fun with the second board game. Ingenious.

As for the other puzzles:
Still to be solved:

- The art classromm: I tried to solve it, at least I was testing and trying to understand the pattern when I realized that I can’t solve this puzzle, I’m still missing an element.

- The boat in Nathaniel’s office, the only clue is that little map, but I still can’t figure out the directions, I tried a couple of times but nothing, I’m still going around in circles in that labyrinth.

- There is a section where there is a kind of board in the middle, with coloured figures, the moon, stars, sun, and a planet. I was able to solve part of it (thanks to the clue on one of the tapestries.) but there is a second part with some numbers, but apparently I can’t do anything else for now.

- The Solarium.
The tapestry we got at the bookstore is the clue, but I haven’t solved it yet. I was going to keep trying until I decided to visit the lab and brew the potion and reach what I think is the stopping point. Now Zak is a dragon, but the interesting thing at this point is that apparently I can make the potion again and turn Zak all over again. Will he be a cat again? Or the wolf from the beginning? Hmmm..

- The forge. I solved it but nothing happened. I think now that Zak is in dragon form I should go back and try to reach whatever was up there.
I like Zak much better now, he’s much more of a teammate. From his attitude, his talks, his comments, both when he knows what something is about and when he has no idea.

Welcome back Walas.
Is no one surprised that there are so few of us? Considering how many members voted for this game, it was voted for by 16 members (not including my vote) and we never exceeded half of them, even though it had only been a week since the voting ended and this playthrough started.  I don’t want to imagine what would have happened if this game had been voted by a lot less people, now there would be two or three of us. I hope we don’t keep losing adventurous soldiers.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry I’m lagging behind but I was put off for a while when I remembered finding one of the puzzles to turn the power on very tedious.
I’ve just come back to it to discover that there were more places to find & the water weight puzzle to do, which I’d forgotten about, before being able to power up the machines . I confess to skipping both puzzles!  Pan They are the kind of puzzles which I’d be more inclined to spend time on in a less story-orientated game but in this one I just wanted to get on with unravelling the mystery.
I’m finding navigation a little disorientating but I will, as I did the first time around, eventually get used to it.

I had a wander around in the forest on the water wheel side & had completely forgotten about being able to activate the bridge to cross over to where Mustavio is.
One of the things I really like is the seemingly idle banter between Lydia & Zak which actually gives a lot of background info.

I’m hoping I will now be able to progress & catch up quite quickly.
Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you’re back in the game, Chrissie! Smile

Tenebra,
You’ve reached the main goals for this section.  Hold off on going any further until tomorrow. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve finished Section 4 by collecting four balls and four tapestries from the library. I thought I would have to use the last ball to reach a final room, but I didn’t see any door where all balls were needed. Did I miss something?

I think that I’ve taken care of all puzzles that could be solved without the objects from the library. Zak is now a dragon.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I got back to the game today, and the first thing I did was disarm the floating balls.  That allowed me to play two games. The first I found in the North Tower, and it was basically sudoku. The second was a multi-move game that took me a while to sort out my strategy. Once I knew where the ‘lowly pieces’ had to go, I could get the Dragon to the lair. I was rewarded with a root. That was enough for the night, and I’ll check out the classrooms and library tomorrow.
About my favourite dragon depiction, well I like the images in the murals and on the floors that are almost abstract. Then you can see that same pattern in all sorts of details. Someone put a lot of time and effort into the graphic design of this game.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Section 5
Main Goals:  Hidden items, another spiritual encounter, and the truth

There are still quite a few challenges ahead, but it’s time to finish Lydia’s quest.  That’s all I’ll say for now, but I look forward to further discussion soon.  Let me know when you finish the game. 

Portals are so neat!

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top