• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Sherlock Holmes adventure game?

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

This is probably how I would rank them (based on memory):

1. Crimes and Punishments

2. Arsène Lupin

3. Devil’s Daughter

4. Testament

5. Awakened

6. Jack the Ripper

7. Case of the Silver Earring

8. Mystery of the Mummy (this one is skippable)

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Does anyone know where I can download “The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes : The Case of the Rose Tattoo”?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The game came out in 1996 and isn’t available as a download as far as I know.  You’re best bet is to find a used copy.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I myself loved “The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel” it is the 22nd adventure game in the top 100 list.

I highly recommend it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2021-03-15

PM

Vs Arsene Lupin.
Of all the games, for some reason, this one was remembered. Despite the fact that I don’t really like the character of the thief as a whole, in this game everything seems to be in its place.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

basil00 - 26 March 2021 02:48 AM

Vs Arsene Lupin.
Of all the games, for some reason, this one was remembered. Despite the fact that I don’t really like the character of the thief as a whole, in this game everything seems to be in its place.

It was probably the best Frogwares game in terms of puzzles. Unfortunately the bland environments and dull characters didn’t do it any favors, which is probably why it isn’t remembered very fondly.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

The case of the serrated scalpel.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Any idea where I can find this game, Captain?

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I guess it will be abandonware by now, so just google “The case of the serrated scalpel”

Edited.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is just a reminder not to post any links to so-called abandonware.  As our rules and guidelines state, “although we sympathize with the preservation of games that have gone out of print, we choose not to tread any murky legal ground.”

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 06 June 2022 08:22 PM

This is just a reminder not to post any links to so-called abandonware.  As our rules and guidelines state, “although we sympathize with the preservation of games that have gone out of print, we choose not to tread any murky legal ground.”

I totally agree with this position. But Walas74 suggesting that someone do a Google search using a specific set of key words in no way violates the guidelines as far as I can see. Whether the person executes the search and downloads a game resulting from that search, any liability resulting from that download is totally on them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont think anyone is due to demonetize the site for the usage of any word as
they do with YouTubers when they just say certain words like ‘b00bs’ ...etc
crazy stuff!

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

rtrooney - 06 June 2022 08:31 PM

But Walas74 suggesting that someone do a Google search using a specific set of key words in no way violates the guidelines as far as I can see.

LK wasn’t suggesting it was. No harm in reminding others of our rules though, given we’ve had a few new members posting recently who may not be aware of our stance.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

An interesting topic. I don’t know when the “guidelines” were written. Perhaps before the concept of Google search was a reality. Regardless, the difference between posting a link to abandonware and posting directions for a search for abandonware are indistinguishable. I still think that Walas74 was on the right side of the law. But the law needs to be re-written if LK is going to post that kind of warning. As in “Any post referencing a way to access abandonware is prohibited.” If someone looking for an abandonware game figures it out for him/herself, more power to him/her.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I really think Lady K wasn’t talking about me with her post, but talking to neuromancer about his/her request. I am positive there is nothing wrong about stating something so obvious as google it, look up for it with emule or similar.

I have no problem with her reminder, it was meant for new users as Dale said.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your assistance, rtrooney.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top