• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 17 March 2021 11:43 AM

Am I the only one who loves the graphics?

No, I love them too!

Lady Kestrel - 17 March 2021 12:00 PM

......As far as moving around goes, I feel like I’ve lost 20 pounds just watching Lydia run around the place. Smile

If only you could lose weight by watching someone else run around…... Laughing

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  It would be a fine way to get rid of my quarantine 15! Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

This year I propposed to lose 10 pounds, now only 20 to go…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gasp

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 March 2021 12:00 PM

As far as moving around goes, I feel like I’ve lost 20 pounds just watching Lydia run around the place. Smile

I once loaded the game and was surprised to find that Lydia makes an instant travel to a place where you click. Unfortunately, it was a temporary bug only for that instance, and when I exited the game and started it again, I could never repeat that “feature” Frown But I caught it on video:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The graphics are really good, I love the atmosphere. And I feel I’m going to be team Mustavio before too long.

Thanks, Lady Kestrel, for having me! I’ve never played this game before. I thought I had it in my library, but I had to pick it up. 79 cents well spent already.

I just opened the door. That top angle view of the archway.. that’s a nice entrance!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

walas74 - 17 March 2021 12:13 PM

This year I propposed to lose 10 pounds, now only 20 to go…

I lost 50 pounds two years ago.
Lockdown and working from home made me regain 30 of those… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Laughing

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m enjoying the logic puzzles scattered around the school, but the place is way too big and the map is way too almost useless.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Baron_Blubba - 17 March 2021 04:03 PM

I’m enjoying the logic puzzles scattered around the school, but the place is way too big and the map is way too almost useless.

I think it was Diego who said he would draw his own map, maybe we should do the same…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m quite tempted to break the map down myself - yes areas are highlighted but not so specifically….....

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It gets easier after you’ve passed through certain areas several times.  You could always print out the map and add notes regarding certain familiar landmarks.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

walas74 - 17 March 2021 04:22 PM
Baron_Blubba - 17 March 2021 04:03 PM

I think it was Diego who said he would draw his own map, maybe we should do the same…

Yeah, and like Lady K said, camera angles can get tricky, that’s why drawing your own version can help you get the grasp of the surroundings faster (in addition to the game map).

edit: Speaking of camera angles:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I do like the way the map shows different levels in lighter or darker shades of gray.

The best map I ever had in a game was an old Mac first person game called Nightfall.  When you got an elevator working, it would change from light to dark as it went down and reverse as it came back up.

Edit:  Nice shot, Diego!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 March 2021 04:51 PM

The best map I ever had in a game was an old Mac first person game called Nightfall.  When you got an elevator working, it would change from light to dark as it went down and reverse as it came back up.

That sounds like fun! On the other side of the scale, the most useless map I’ve ever encountered was in a hybrid-adventure The Dragon Lore 2 - portion of a game takes place in a maze-like forest. You get a map of the Forest, but roads and maze pattern changes itself randomly on your each step, so the map is practically useless.  Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top