• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How many Lost Crown universe AGs had been released since our wait

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

Phlebas - 12 November 2019 08:23 AM

Not just weddings and walks. He posted a new Ghost Vigil video about 12 minutes ago!

And an apology and NEW release date, about a day ago. Now, as of this writing, it will be out tomorrow, Monday Nov 25, 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

troi - 24 November 2019 09:21 PM

it will be out tomorrow, Monday Nov 25, 2019.

and did that happen?

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

Advie - 25 November 2019 12:14 PM

and did that happen?

Not that I can tell. So far. It’s early. Sorta. Well, late morning in western US.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Steam says “coming soon”. What’s new…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL!

I would have expected more restraint from a guy whose twitter profile says Also runs the Where Is Blackenrock Fan Club. Actually, he should be grateful he still has some fans left. I’m afraid I don’t care about his games anymore. Ten years is a long time, my gaming preferences have changed and his trailers/demos look like more of the same.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Unless I’m missing something we have one guy’s/girl’s report about being told to shut up via Messenger, and no back story to it. Would guess I’d too be fed up with people individually asking when, when and again WHEN, especially if they indeed have had the HD failures that were the excuse for Ghost Vigil not being released a week ago (next deadline this weekend if I have understood correctly). Of course Jonathan and Matt have only themselves to blame for this mess, but still. They have been rather open on social media about how things are progressing the last week or two. No need to hazzle them individually with questions about release dates. Until I know more I’ll write this off as a, well, one off.

As for gaming preferences, I still consider Dark Fall 1 and The Lost Crown to be top tier adventure games. And both Matt’s games have been pretty darn good too. What worries me somewhat is that I didn’t enjoy The Last Crown: Midnight Horror much. It has a silly tone that I hope will be gone in the upcoming games (if they actually exist.Smile).

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Veovis - 06 December 2019 03:49 AM

Unless I’m missing something we have one guy’s/girl’s report about being told to shut up via Messenger, and no back story to it.

I choose to believe it for the simple reason that one of my posts in the Steam forum was deleted, presumably by Matt Clark, when Barrow Hill: The Dark Path was released. That had never happened to me before. My post was a complaint about the preview/early access nature of the game, but I wasn’t rude or impolite. I couldn’t believe it was removed, so I reposted it. And then publisher Iceberg responded. (BTW, all posts about the many bugs in the early version are gone now.) 

As for gaming preferences, I still consider Dark Fall 1 and The Lost Crown to be top tier adventure games. And both Matt’s games have been pretty darn good too. What worries me somewhat is that I didn’t enjoy The Last Crown: Midnight Horror much. It has a silly tone that I hope will be gone in the upcoming games (if they actually exist.Smile).

I agree about the tone of Midnight Horror. Left unfinished. Haven’t played the Silent Night demo, but who knows… I might play the game IF it is released and IF the reviews are very good.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Though it’s been 10 years since the announcement of The Last Crown aka Blackenrock I’ve certainly not lost any sleep over it. I always look forward to and enjoy whatever games and tid bits they release. If and when the next game comes out I will certainly enjoy it as well, until then there will always be other games to play.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Though it’s been 10 years since the announcement of The Last Crown aka Blackenrock I’ve certainly not lost any sleep over it. I always look forward to and enjoy whatever games and tid bits they release. If and when the next game comes out I will certainly enjoy it as well, until then there will always be other games to play.

This is pretty much how I see it too. Guess J & M could work on their customer relations skills, but I guess they both create games because they enjoy it, not because they need the income from it. It’s their own fault some people are at their throats for release dates for new games, but I still wish people would just relax a bit. There are plenty of new and upcoming adventure games as it is.

I choose to believe it for the simple reason that one of my posts in the Steam forum was deleted, presumably by Matt Clark, when Barrow Hill: The Dark Path was released. That had never happened to me before. My post was a complaint about the preview/early access nature of the game, but I wasn’t rude or impolite. I couldn’t believe it was removed, so I reposted it. And then publisher Iceberg responded. (BTW, all posts about the many bugs in the early version are gone now.)

I remember that debacle. More or less using paying customers as beta testers. He did fix things quickly though and the final product is pretty good. But deleting messages criticizing the state of a game upon release is never ok. Again, they need to work on the customer relations side of things. And stop announcing games and giving them release dates before even producing a single line of code.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

Or just try finishing one game before starting another…

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Blah - 07 December 2019 06:32 AM

Or just try finishing one game before starting another…

That sounds sensible, but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. They’re a small operation not backed by a big publisher - I get the impression they need to do the smaller games along the way so they can afford to develop the bigger ones. Which obviously gets in the way of working on the bigger games, but I’m happier with them taking time out to make smaller games than having to quit development entirely.

Of course my sanguine attitude may be influenced by the fact that the game will almost certainly be out well before I have time available to play it, but I am looking forward to Ghost Vigil when I do get the chance!

(also I met Jonathan and Matt in person over the summer and they both seemed like lovely chaps)

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

also I met Jonathan and Matt in person over the summer and they both seemed like lovely chaps

I met them both last year and that is something I can only endorse.
When the games are ready, they will be released. Till than, my life goes on without them.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love your shirt Phlebas Thumbs Up

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So what if Jonathan Boakes and Matt Clark are nice people in real life? Apparently nice people block and unfriend fans on twitter and facebook, tell them to f..k off, delete posts (I’m not the only one whose post disappeared), keep telling lies about release dates (just look at MC’s tweets). All that in addition to using paying customers as beta testers.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top