• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Maniac Mansion TV show?

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Sorry if there’s a thread about this, I couldn’t find one. I just found out there was a TV show based on the game made in the 1980s, with 66 episodes made. Wow! How come I never heard about this? Has anyone watched it?

Nerd

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I don’t know anything about it. What is the title? By whom was it made? When? Who played in it? Can I find it on YouTube?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Trailer

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

I tried watching a bit back in the day since I loved the game. It has little to do with the game other than there being a weird family named Edison. What I watched I didn’t like, but I was a kid and didn’t give it much of a chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniac_Mansion_(TV_series)

The Wikipedia entry is interesting. The show was made by a lot of SCTV (famous Canadian comedy troupe) alums and was somewhat well-reviewed by critics at the time.

Video game critics, as explained in the wiki, do not like it, but they’re mostly looking for connections to the game which aren’t there.

Don’t watch it hoping for connections to the game, but do watch it if you want to try a strange early ‘90s “family sitcom” to see if it holds up.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-04-16

PM

Oh my god. I didn’t know about this. I don’t know what to think. Neutral

Adrian, 25 yo, Massachusetts

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top